[RELEASED] Juju's foxhole, sandbag & trench

Juju

Hi guys. I've just uploaded my latest mod: foxhole, sandbags & trench.

- The sandbags (actually, there really is just one) and foxhole (also, just the one) are in no way glamorous. Mostly because they're basically just a burlap sack and a hole in the ground. Also, since I desperately wanted to prevent obvious texture repetition, there's only so much I could do with them.

- The sandbag wall (not shown) is 'shared' with the new sandbag texture, but has only been 'enhanced' and cleaned up a little.

- The trench, in theory, had potential for some neat doodads, but with the texture mapping being the way it is, ideas such as adding bullet holes, dirt going up the wooden walls, clumps of grass, twigs and branches, muddy bootprints, a 'Feldlazarett' sign or the odd ammo box sadly just didn't work. I did manage to sneak in a couple of spent bullet casings, but that's all.

Juju

Juju

GAJ's has them available for download right now, and they'll be available at the repository in a couple of hours, I guess.

As always, thanks to Tanks A Lot for testing, suggestions and advice!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. Appreciate it!

I wonder if adding some grass doodaas around the edge would make it look less obvious?

They were there in earlier versions. The weird texture mapping and stretching issues on the trench, along with the fact that it looked goofy on any other terrain than grass made me remove them in the end.

There modeled like that because they sit on top of the terrain. It was a trade off so we could have foxholes we could place where we liked. I still think something else could have been done even if the earth started rising further out to make it look so obvious. It's a tricky one. I'd have been more than happy to wait another 6 months until the game was released to get it so we could place fox holes etc and they'd cut into the ground, or better it just deformed the ground terrain (obviously use dirt texture in said deformed bit, thats tech speak that is)