Friendly Fire?

And you can use as many satchel charges as you want (to blow bocage) right next to friendlies with no negative effect at all.

I know that no friendly small arms or grenades will wound friendlies. But, I didn't know that they could suppress friendlies. You sure about that?

There certainly used to be real Friendly fire in the earlier versions of CMSF, but never CMBN. It was especially noticable with Green/Conscript troops at night. They'd open fire one each other and rip themselves to pieces unless you could keep good C2 links over them. However, this effect must have been coded out of the game at some point because I've never seen anything like it in CMBN.

From how Ive come to understand it, any type of explosion will injure friendlies. EXCEPT for 'blast' issued commands. This must be because its a planned explosion and everyone can be told to get down.

As far as smaller caliber weapons, anything with bullets will not cause FF. I remember the old friendly fire in CMx1. And no I havent seen this happen in CMBN.

I dont think even .50 cal will injure friendlies.....

There certainly used to be real Friendly fire in the earlier versions of CMSF, but never CMBN. It was especially noticable with Green/Conscript troops at night. They'd open fire one each other and rip themselves to pieces unless you could keep good C2 links over them. However, this effect must have been coded out of the game at some point because I've never seen anything like it in CMBN.

I crying shame it was coded out, or maybe ti was a bug in the first place, and I expect people moaned...oh hum.

This dumb arse on the right hand side of the pic decides to fire a rifle grenade at the same bunch of trees that his buddies are rushing. There is a lone soldier in there harassing my advance. I was trying to suppress him while we move in for the kill. Actually I am the DA for giving a target area instead of a light target area fire command

boom2.jpg

As you can see from the result of 4 dead soldiers in addition to the guy firing the grenade actually killed himself. 5 lost in the matter of seconds. ugghhh.

boom1.jpg