Improvements I would like to see with Commonwealth Forces.

Looking forward to the Commonwealth Forces release. I'm sure we all have some improvement we would like to see.

1.I would like to see better more realistic ammo exchange/aquire. Example I have a leader unit with a bazooka without ammo and a team from a differant unit with ammo in the same location as the leader. I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to get the bazooka ammo? How about the aquire tab be open when ever two units are in the location together no matter what unit they belong to?

2. Small ammo grouping to aquire. I don't need a team of 3 men to aquire 1000 rounds of 30 cal ammo when I only want a few hundred.

3. If a vehicle is knocked out and not burning I think a unit should still be able to recover/aquire ammo that might be left.

4. Burning terrain and spreading fires. I knew its currenlty a big wish but it will be more realistic for sure.

I'll think of some more later.

Copper

What's wrong with the hunt command?

The usual complaint is that there is no equivalent of the CMx1 hunt behaviour - move until you come in to contact with the enemy, stop to engage it, and start moving again when contact is lost. Mainly it would get around the problem of CMx2 hunt (same as CMx1 move to contact) of having your troops stop moving after 5 seconds because they heard a distant gunshot, and then not move for the rest of the turn. There is in fact no way to have your guys advance cautiously and reliably - move is just bumbling along, quick doesn't have the best awareness, hunt makes you stop completely far too often. And 'move' and 'quick' don't stop when you wander in to the enemy position (caveat that some men may stop to fire, but then will tend to prioritise moving on again quickly).

The usual complaint is that there is no equivalent of the CMx1 hunt behaviour - move until you come in to contact with the enemy, stop to engage it, and start moving again when contact is lost. Mainly it would get around the problem of CMx2 hunt (same as CMx1 move to contact) of having your troops stop moving after 5 seconds because they heard a distant gunshot, and then not move for the rest of the turn. There is in fact no way to have your guys advance cautiously and reliably - move is just bumbling along, quick doesn't have the best awareness, hunt makes you stop completely far too often. And 'move' and 'quick' don't stop when you wander in to the enemy position (caveat that some men may stop to fire, but then will tend to prioritise moving on again quickly).

I see and I agree!

3. If a vehicle is knocked out and not burning I think a unit should still be able to recover/aquire ammo that might be left.

Not so sure about your other points, but this one always annoyed me too. A jeep with one bullet through the engine block can be knocked out, with the loss of every piece of equipment and cargo on board, and the unmanning of any mounted weapon.

"Covered Arc for Armour Only"

I know it's been mentioned in this thread already and elsewhere but this really REALLY takes away from a PBEM game. There is no way to ambush a tank successfully in this game and is becoming very frustrating. It seems like the CMx2 game was made for real time play and to hell with PBEM (in real time you can make a small covered arc, let infantry pass by, and open up when a tank/vehicle comes into LOS.)

P.S Can someone from Battlefront explain their rational for not giving PBEM players the option to limit their covered arc to vehicles?

Okay, rant over.

Agree completely, see my post on CMBN not being PBEM friendly :( I don't think this would be a problem for real time players.

A couple of quick thoughts.

Be nice to have LOS check for a unit to be able more reliably know what it can see. In addition, in cmx1, you could tell what terrain was when you used this (or targeting I believe) but in CMBN, you don't know what the terrain is unless you can decipher the pics in the manual.

Also, with all the Bocage, it's hard to tell which direction your infantry (or vehicles) are going to go when you tell them to make a move. It would be nice if, once you plotted it, it would calculate and display where the units are actually going to go. Again, I think cmx1 did this, but it may have only done it after the first turn. At least, at some point, you could see where the computer was going to actually send your units and you could change them.

Agree with the earlier comment about Hunt.

Anyone have a guess for when the next module will come out?

Jet

Just stop being wimpy and give us those Flammenwerfers. (halftrack version could be COOL too.) There was flamethrower crocodiles also, eh? I am sure the burn to death animation is easy to make and we don't need ultra-sadistic presentation how awful weapon flamethrower is. We just need it´s power to the battlefield, that´s all. ;)

1. Command Hunt - I agree

2. Covered Arc for Armour Only - yes

3. Tank destroyer "Hetzer" - necessarily !

I'd have to double check sources, but I'm pretty sure the Hetzer wasn't present in the ETO during the Normandy campaign. The first production models were just coming out of the Factory in May/June 1944, but IIRC the first couple of months' production all went to units on the East Front.

So I don't think we'll see it for the Commonwealth module, since CMBN is intended to represent action through August. More likely we'll see it in the Market Garden module, which is intended to extend the timeframe into September/October.

The first production models were just coming out of the Factory in May/June 1944, but IIRC the first couple of months' production all went to units on the East Front.

So I don't think we'll see it for the Commonwealth module, since CMBN is intended to represent action through August. More likely we'll see it in the Market Garden module, which is intended to extend the timeframe into September/October.

You're right. Can be seen in East Front module :)

I'd have to double check sources, but I'm pretty sure the Hetzer wasn't present in the ETO during the Normandy campaign. The first production models were just coming out of the Factory in May/June 1944, but IIRC the first couple of months' production all went to units on the East Front.

You're right. The Jagdpanzer 38 was introduced in the StuG/Panzerjägerabteilung of three Volksgrenadierdivisionen (183. 264. 363.) with 14 pieces each in September 1944. In October 1944 another 40 were added with the Heeres Panzerjägerabteilung 741. So we'll have to wait.

I would like to see the 15 cm Schweres Infanteriegeschütz 33/1 (Sf) auf Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf. H/M (Sd.Kfz. 138/1) aka Grille. There around 100 on the western front in June-August 1944 - usually on Panzergrenadier Batallion level. So they would be used in a on-board CMBN context much more commonly than the Wespe we'll get (which was deployed usually in two batteries of the Panzer Artillerie Regiments - and therefore probably used more in indirect fire than on-map).