Jeeps

They are good for drive-byes, especially if you got 3 passengers with SMG's like a scout team firing.

Drive-byes are nice, but so too are are drive-buys. The worst of the bunch are the drive-bys.

(I have an image of a jeep full of armed-to-the-teeth US paratroopers zooming past a bunch of befuddled landsers, who can only watch as the paratroopers wave farewell...)

Ooooo, I am going to have to try that.

Three Kubels with Scout Teams spraying MP40 fire down a street.

Kurt 'Panzer' Meyer tried that against the Canadians in Normandy, on about the 8th of June.

It didn't end well for the MP-40 toters :D

What does anyone use jeeps for? They seem to have no practical value.

They're great for moving stuff around the map.

I was playing a QB the other day in a decently sized village and the Germans broke through on the side.

A .30 cal withdrew from their firefight at one end of town to a waiting jeep downstairs. While in transit they loaded up on some more ammo and then set up at a house across town and mowed down the Germans attacking.

The same with field guns. Towing them around is just plain awesome and gives you some sorely needed flexibility.