Demo next week?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellas! Glad you found the article to your liking. I was told there would be a beta demo, lemme check my notes here... first week in May. The Battlefront gods strike me down, but that's what I was told and there were no embargoes on that information. I know, literally, nothing more about it.

Now, we all know how production schedules are. It's done when it's done, right? Carry on.

And, when the game arrives, I'd love to see you all in our Wargamer's Corner to run PBEM games with.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/35998

Thank you for taking the time to post and clarify Charlie.

All the best

Scott

Thinking about this a little more , this is not a moan honest just a question out of curiosity. From what Charlie said above BF have told (have been telling) third parties that the demo is likely to be released next week. At this stage what is stopping Battlefront from letting the loyal fan base know what is likely to happen too ?

- Would help manage customer expectation.

- Third parties obviously have more information than the fan base (i assume from a marketing point of view).

- At this stage in the development cycle 100% of the unknowns are likely to be known (that is to say there are no unknown unknowns).

- Many of us have been around BF products for over a decade and have purchased most of if not all of the CM software.

- Would allow the user base to plan their time. Many of us have busy lives.

In the grand scheme of things i guess if its 1 week or 2 weeks it doesn't matter much. All im saying is it would help the end users plan our time come release day.

Best regards

Scott

At this stage what is stopping Battlefront from letting the loyal fan base know what is likely to happen too ?

I'd guess that they're still tweaking stuff and testing the installer - things can still go wrong even at this stage, and setting a timetable for an exact release date for a demo or the actual game isn't something they're going to do until they're 100% sure it's ready.

Many a slip twixt cup and lip and all that.

Still, arguing over whether it's better to give a date and then miss it, or not give a date and have people asking when it will be released gives us something to do in the meantime! :D

Basically what Zatoichi said. It's all very complicated and there can be any number of annoying things that can crop up. Giving a date is a double edged sword that could and probably would bite them on the butt even more than letting us stew. It often leads to things coming out rushed or half finished if it's left to corporate types who have the deadline mentality more ingrained. Not good for anyone.

It's hard to take I totally agree but I've seen it for years with many of the games I'm interested in. You should see the patch fever that takes hold with online games and updates.

-F

thanks for the reply chaps, totally understand things can crop up , all i am saying is keep us in the loop at this stage i.e likely next week, something cropped up its going to be another week. At this stage of the dev there all the unknowns must be known and the resulting impact.

At this stage of the dev there all the unknowns must be known and the resulting impact.

Except they aren’t.

Things like:

Have the Beta Testers seen the demo?

Have the Beta Testers seen FC1, 2, 3, or X?

Are still unknown to you and we aren’t allowed to fill that knowledge gap, sorry. :)

(I’m not trying to be a kill joy and but these expectations are very optimistic)

Except they aren’t.

Things like:

Have the Beta Testers seen the demo?

Have the Beta Testers seen FC1, 2, 3, or X?

Are still unknown to you and we aren’t allowed to fill that knowledge gap, sorry. :)

(I’m not trying to be a kill joy and but these expectations are very optimistic)

Thanks for the reply , points well made as always :)

Oh god another traffic warden has come along

Heh. You give me too much credit. Nothing, absolutely nothing, I might do or say here could alter the release date by as much as a millisecond. As I see it, my role in the Great Scheme of Things is to point out the blindingly obvious...along with the occasional interesting tidbit now and then.

:)

Michael

Heh. You give me too much credit. Nothing, absolutely nothing, I might do or say here could alter the release date by as much as a millisecond. As I see it, my role in the Great Scheme of Things is to point out the blindingly obvious...along with the occasional interesting tidbit now and then.

:)

Michael

Fair enough, but let us sad people dream a bit before sticking the boot in :-P

ps how the hell to you get those smiley faces into your message body?

Fair enough, but let us sad people dream a bit before sticking the boot in :-P

You get all the time between posting your post and reading my reply. How long that interval is is mostly up to you.

:P

ps how the hell to you get those smiley faces into your message body?

There is a whole box full of them just to the right of the message composition window on every reply page except the quick reply one. Or you can do like that useless git Kneed1 (and he should be) suggests.

:D

Michael