RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part VI)

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Just finished Rat Labs.

All I'll say on this battle is that the foibles of night battles came into play to a pretty large degree.

Regards

Jim R.

I was KR (or JR's) opponent in this battle, and I would have to agree! This one will be interesting to discuss when the tourney is over....

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God! I am close to suffering one of the worst defeats ever in my CM career. I'll be interested in seeing the spread for this scenario. I may have to go over to the "Unbalanced Scenario" thread and agree with Holien! :eek: Just kidding! I won't judge the scenario until it's over since I don't know the opposing forces/setup, and I need to consider the possiblity that I suck! :D It ain't over until it's over. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the other possibility...that my opponent played better than me. Sorry Visom! God that was hard.

Originally posted by Jim L.:

My God! I am close to suffering one of the worst defeats ever in my CM career. I'll be interested in seeing the spread for this scenario. I may have to go over to the "Unbalanced Scenario" thread and agree with Holien! :eek: Just kidding! I won't judge the scenario until it's over since I don't know the opposing forces/setup, and I need to consider the possiblity that I suck! :D It ain't over until it's over. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the other possibility...that my opponent played better than me. Sorry Visom! God that was hard.

What game did you just finish?

Hi lads!

KR is absolutely right. Please don't reveal what scenario you're talking about. Not that I thought you would ;)

TB155: is there any scoresheet done so far? If so, I'd like to get my hands on it :D

BTW, when is deadline in this one?

Cheers,

Ali

I think we should all pat ourselves on the backs because FOW has been much tighter in this forum for the finals than for the first round.

The finals in section two (mine) is running a bit behind because one finalist got a late start due to an extended trip, so maintaining FOW out here would be welcome. But TB said it was OK to discuss the scenarios privately with others who had completed all games and I'm guessing that will be OK this time too?

Hi guys!

Out of the three prize eligible sections, the Tourney I section is done. You four may feel free to discuss the scenarios among yourselves via email, but don't post anything yet! We'll have to wait until ALL the games are very near completion before we do that. Remember, we're determining scenario balance with the eight groups of non-section winners.

In this Final Round we have 44 people playing 66 games (each scenario is played 22 times) so it will be awhile. The slowest players set the pace. I will start pushing hard to get things wrapped up towards the end of this month. With any luck I'll be running the results through the NEW IMPROVED Nabla Scoring program in early December.

I will send out scoresheets to those who have finished their games within a few days, as soon as work gives me a little break again so I can work on it.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

To further clarify on KR's statement above, the Tourney II finals are pushing toward closure. I finished my games with KR and Spanish Bombs a while back. Mick Oz had to begin late because of an extended trip, but we've been making rapid and steady progress since he got back. Like KR, I'm confident we'll finish before the deadline. ;)

[ November 12, 2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Finished all my finals games. Not sure who else is still playing in Tourney III.

Most enjoyable. I (salute) all of my opponents for the interesting and challenging games.

Big thanks go out to Treeburst and the Boots & Tracks team. Great job all.

Just go ahead and put my name in for RoW III. Can't wait...

Vadr

[ November 12, 2002, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Vadr ]

Its been since 10/18 since I got a turn from tom norton (TGHCGN@aol.com). Talking with my other opponents, they havent heard from him in at least a week.

I must say though, one of my games I extremely dislike. That is saying something, because I have never had a bad thing to say about a scenario until now.

Originally posted by White4:

...I must say though, one of my games I extremely dislike. That is saying something, because I have never had a bad thing to say about a scenario until now.

Amen. Although, in my case its two that I feel were little more than a waste of time.

Any AARs I write for those - if I bother writing one at all - will be ... how can I say this politely ... short.

Originally posted by Vadr:

... how can any of the scenarios be a waste of time with this scoring system?

Had it not been part of a tournament, there is no way I would have played them. In fact, it was only because of the scoring system (i.e. more games gives a better result on the Nabla Magic Maths) that I played them at all. If I had been looking for a game against the AI or a casual PBEM these most definately wouldn't have made the grade.

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.

Regards

JonS