Games you're waiting on...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Panzer Boxb

I was originally very hyped about both ArmA 2 and OFP 2. Once I learned that both are being released on consoles too that hope shriveled up and died a horrible death.

Empire: Total War is now near the top of my list.

Mechwarrior: Living Legends is a mod for Crysis that I am dearly waiting for. Hopefully they will be able to meet their goal of a November initial release.

Spore should be fun for at least a while.

Left 4 Dead will be a must have for multiplayer with my friends.

I am sure there are some that I missing.

The developers of Distant Guns (Norm Koger of TOAW fame and some other dude) said they'll drop their crazy copy protection soon. I hope that's gonna happen for their WW1 game.

I'm pretty sure that other SES dude mentioned making his draconian copy protection only a little bit more user friendly. Still have to pass.

Personally, I'm looking forward to War Plan Pacific from wwwdotkestudiosdotcom and shrapnelgames.

Just finished dling and watching it, again its all pre-rendered cut scene stuff, but it is nicely done. It should be an interesting game for the TW series. Since all the previous games the emphasis was on melee and hand-to-hand combat. But now it'll be line formations with artillery playing a bigger role. Grant it, I'm sure there'll be loads of fix-bayonets moments and swords were certainly still on the battlefield, especially mounted. And of course the whole naval aspect sounds like great fun.

X-COM. Aaah. TBH I don't think they'll ever make it. Short of a carbon-copy of the original, it's the easiest game in the world to screw up. At least all other attempts have done so.

You know, that's exactly what a lot of X-COM players want: the exact game, don't change anything, but touch up the graphics. All other attempts have so far been locked in a constant competition to outdo themselves in screwing up the original gameplay.

You know, that's exactly what a lot of X-COM players want: the exact game, don't change anything, but touch up the graphics. All other attempts have so far been locked in a constant competition to outdo themselves in screwing up the original gameplay.

You know, I believe this game could handle the same treatment as Sid Meier's Pirates!: The exact same game with touched-up graphics. The publisher took a lot of flak for X-COM2 being the exact same game with new models and maps, but I thought it was great.

Played the original X-Com this weekend after a long absence -- I changed my mind, it needs improving. Main bones to pick:

* - Battle start -- the game lands you smack in the middle of an occupied battlefield, which can be nuts on terror missions at any kind of advanced level. It would be better to let you recon the situation from the air and plan your attack in some way

* - Night Vision -- enough said, this should be an option by default, it is the 21st century after all.

*Proning out -- Need this for better cover.

Without the above, it turns into Paper-Rock-Scissors. Lots of getting sniped and losing tons of guys at the advanced levels, and the easy levels are too easy.

I think night vision would lessen the tension. I would make some of the earlier weapons still valuable in the late game whereas now every squady is armed with a heavy plasma rifle or a football launcher.

Other games:

Thief 4: Come out and fight me, you taffer!

Gears of War 2: Multiplayer madness.

Diablo 3: Hardcore

Guest Panzer Boxb

I just watched the developer video of Operation Flashpoint 2 and it somewhat rekindled my anticipation. No major in game video but some good information was presented.

GTAIV on the PC

Stalker: Clear Sky -Hopefully a post apocalyptic GTA3/Morrowind/Deus Ex combination

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway -Loved the earned in blood, even if it felt like a puzzle game at times

Fallout 3. It's Fallout with the makers of The Elder Scrolls trying to be faithful to the original. Really looking forward to that one.