Games you're waiting on...

Speaking of OF2: Dragon Rising, their new website just added a teaser trailer today. Not bad, but it appears to be all pre-rendered cut scene stuff and not actual gameplay footage.

I think you're wrong. They never used pre-rendered cut scenes before. They were all done in game for FP1. However, the teaser trailer did look incredible and it does make one think that it is pre-rendered. But, I compared the screen shots to the video and it looks damn close.

One thing for sure. I'm gonna need a new rig to play this game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're wrong. They never used pre-rendered cut scenes before. They were all done in game for FP1. However, the teaser trailer did look incredible and it does make one think that it is pre-rendered. But, I compared the screen shots to the video and it looks damn close.

One thing for sure. I'm gonna need a new rig to play this game.

It's not really up to debate as they themselves said it was all CGI, except for the soldier models though. But this is marketing stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if they were touched up a bit too. Also keep in mind, the devs(Bohemia Interactive) behind the original OFP have nothing to do with this sequel.

You and me both on the new rig requirement.

The trailers and screenshots are both prerendered. Furthermore, it's not the original OF1 developers working on OF2, rather it's an in-house Codemasters team. Looking at the history of Codemasters developed games, I wouldn't hope for much.

Check out the developer's briefing from E3. It has ingame stuff, and a better explanation of what to expect. Before I saw it, I was pretty dubious about the whole thing myself, but this dev thing did get my attention.

Besides, Armed Assault 2 will be a copy of Armed Assault 1, except all the mods won't work, it will have tons of bugs and will play exactly like OFP1 - a nine year old game by then. BIS lost my business when Arma1 was a massive disappointment.

LittleBigPlanet is the highly ambitious title from MediaMolecule, a gaming start-up based in Guildford, Surrey, that has gone from demo to PlayStation 3 flagship title in a couple of years.

_44844401_3aa40b05-bd63-453d-b1ab-a350d5b8f758.jpg LittleBigPlanet lets players create their own games

Due out in October, the title is being heralded as the tipping point for user generated content in gaming. A platform title with bags of character and humour, gamers are given simple tools to build rich complex levels and then share them online.

Alex Evans, co-founder of Media Molecule, said: "We have three key words: play, create and share.

"You might get into it just by playing with your kids and your family, but each level we provide is inspiration for you to be able to create new ones."

The company has devoted a lot of time to making the tools for creating new levels as easy as possible to master.

Time will tell if LittleBigPlanet will spark a revolution of YouTube proportions, but all the indications are that the game will be a joy to play even if you never delve into the creation of new content.

Looks like a second reason to get a PS3 : )

Regarding the new game from NorbSoftDev (NSD, norb from MMG), it is confirmed the game will be Gettysburg.

Friends of NSD were given the go ahead to "leak" information out this week.

Also, modders finally received approval from norb regarding making a Shiloh scenario for TC2M.

Previously they were lead to believe that MMG was still working on TC:Shiloh.

Sure, you just need to hit one of the "quote" buttons or "Go Advanced". Another neat way: copy and paste the block of text you want to quote, highlight it, and then click on the QUOTE icon in the Quick Reply box.

Tkx Moon i like your member friendly attitude in this forum but i quoted my "quote" cause i wanted declare in this arena that ive changed my mind about OPF2 game. That video is quite weird ... a turning point mmm i dont think so, i hate these last multiple platform games.

These are the Consoles days,,,

Ok, after going a number of turns in the beta of CWIE-II as a beta-tester, I must say that this will be one finely polished game. Pbem/solo only though (unfortunately) but that's ok with me as I get tired of beating up on weak AI's anyway.

The game comes with it's own "Pbem Helper" type emailer application while also enforcing all the rules of the monster boardgame. This is going to be one slick game, seriously.

Screenshot

Capt. Toleran,

If you haven't been here yet, you need to go.

http://www.lamaritimemuseum.org/

The last time I was there I chanced on a fellow looking at the model of the nuclear powered guided missile cruiser U.S.S. Long Beach. Turns out he served on her and was aboard her when she claimed the world record for a SAM intercept by downing two MiGs from 70 miles away during the Vietnam War. Compounding the insult, they were shot down over North Vietnam!

The museum's full of goodies, embracing many periods, technologies and ship types.

Now, back to pining for games that aren't out out yet!

Regards,

John Kettler

A 'new' boardgame arrived two weeks ago - GMT's 'The Napoleonic Wars 2nd Edition'.

High marks from the Eden War Room - we got into some multiplayer goodness and one 2 player trip through Europe.

Great game - the Diplomatic game and the CDG nature makes it quite interesting, and no one at the table ever seems to have nothing to do.

If you are looking for a great 2-5 player game, TNW is a great.