Your Best Screen Shot?

MarkEzra

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lanzfeld, Yeah, thats what I thought also when starting the thread bout it before. However more testing showed it was not really reproducable for me all the time and I couldn't be bothered by it anymore for some time ;).

Clevinger, I didn't check for it actually, but I guess the damage panel would be totally filled with big red X markers :D

They do this all the time though, in one test instance my A10's hit jack$h1t, while in the next instance every run is a kill. Point targets seem to be better, however not a guaranteed kill, even when strafed from side / behind IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've been toying with my Print Screen key and managed to get some panoramic result :) So i repost here what was said in the other thread, for those curious.

For those liking nice pictures, here's a panoramic screenshot i've made for an ongoing battle. It's taken obviously from the midlle of the battleground, though i've not choosen the most explosive part, it's a first try.

Enjoy !

(use your mouse to navigate and zoom, it's fairly intuitive for a gamer ; you may also use arrow keyboards, and + - keys, if needed)

(and for the battle, it's Thin Black Line, you'll find a link after the picture for the AAR if interested ; it's not in english, it's a work in progress, but there are pics and several videos)

(ah yes, it's rather light too, just 500 kb, in case that matters for some of you ...)

• 3 weeks later...
Can the incorrect model for the M16A4/M203 please be corrected in v.1.2.

The handguard/RAS should extend to the rear edge of the front sight base. See below...

Incorrect (as it appears in v.1.11):

m203.jpg

Correct:

2dbattalion7thmarines.jpg

I have posted your pic to beta testers for their determination...Thanks for bringing it to my attention....

I, for one, thank Peter Panzer for his attention to detail and the time he took to properly document his findings! I am sure that this kind of details matter to people who handle(d) the actual weapon.

I also point out the polite response of the beta tester!

All is well!!

Peace,

Thomm

Mark Ezra:

I have posted your pic to beta testers for their determination...Thanks for bringing it to my attention....

Thanks, that's really all I ask. The M16A4 had the same issue prior to v1.11, it looks like the fix in the last patch didn't get applied to the M203 variant. I hope this helps.

Mehman:

That's nitpicky. In a game like this I think that's negligible.

Not when viewed in the context of the many fixes BFC has applied to models and graphics over the course of the game's refinement. These "small" issues do capture the developer's attention and on some level, matter to them.

Clavicula Nox:

OMG You mean to tell me..that I paid for my Marines module and there are such errors as this!? OMFG BATTLEFRONT AARRGGG! BETA TESTING? HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT!?

Given the ambiguity of the medium, I am not sure if you were joking or if you are just a dick.

There was no hyperbolic or derogatory tones in my post. It was simply a "hey guys look at this" message. Mark was cognizant enough to take notice and follow through - end of story.

These types of observations are typical on this forum, by-in-large we are a detail oriented bunch, as are our hosts at BFC.

Here are just a few examples:

This guy has some notes about the M240

This fellow wanted to mod the barrel of the M249 so it reflected the current issue more accurately.

Here are a few "OMFG" items from the latest patch (v.1.11):

V1.11 PATCH FEATURE LIST

• Updates to models: BRDM-2, BRDM-2 (AT5), BMP-3, AAV-7, AAVC-7, M1A1 Abrams USMC, and M16 rifle.
  • M4A1 rifle renamed to M4.
  • Light from moonrise appears more gradually.
  • When walls of different types abut, the sides render correctly.

Thomm:

I, for one, thank Peter Panzer for his attention to detail and the time he took to properly document his findings! I am sure that this kind of details matter to people who handle(d) the actual weapon.

Thanks for the perspective. It is the attention to the "small" things that really sets BFC apart in my mind.