Sign in to follow this  
Pandur

Drunken shotgun Mk19

I know the Mk19 on the strykers and the USMC tansports was very effective in CMSF, but now they are outright dangerous to friendlys, i keep doing friendly fire with them¬†onto own vehicles and troops. The WW2 rocket artillery was almost more accurate than the Mk19¬†ūüėĄ

I am at the end of the army campaign and i give them short cover arc and hide them so they dont see enemy, the .50cal ones are so much better now. i think this went a little too far.

Yeah i dont like the mk19s in CMSF2 either. The spread is awful. Im playing the CMBS battle pack and some platoons have 3 out 4 strykers armed with mk19s and its just bad. Much prefer the 50 cal. 

I believe this was addressed some time ago but i dont know what came of it.

Edited by Boche

Agreed.  You cannot use AGL's safely if there are any friendlies anywhere near the flight path of projectiles.  Mind you it may also be an issue that the AI will happily blast away at an enemy even when friendlies are very close and get hit repeatedly.

Maybe they had to do something about the extreme effectiveness, i can understand that. These things rained down a tight and lethal stream of 40mm grenades. They where a lot more deadly compared to the .50cal, and usually you had 1 in 4. Like the HQ vehicle was the Mk19, the 3 strykers with the squads had the 50cal. That was in CMSF.

Now i wish all of them would be .50 cal cause the Mk19 stryker is dangerous and when it opens fire it hits everything else but the target, it is expending a ton of ammo to hit a single target too. The funny thing is, the supposedly more unstable and low-tech version, the Mk19 (AGS30 too)on tripod behaves as you would expect, it fire a much more tight pattern more similar to the CMSF version, the vehicle mounted Mk19 on the other hand, it is terribly inaccurate, even on short ranges.

I dont know if the USMC amphibious transport, that huge tracked vehicle, suffers form the same problem, i did not use it recently. I wonder how nobody say anything about it or this was not yet, at least somewhat, fixed in 2 patches? I mean it is kinda obvious? By the way i am on version 2.02, so i am on the latest version.

Well if its that effective in real life...then thats what the game is supposed to represent. Ive fired AGLs at targets almost 1 kilometer away and they spread out but the group was tight, and this was from an AGL mounted on a humvee-like vehicle. And yes I have notied that tripod mounted AGLs shoot a tighter group. They also seem to fire off extremely long bursts. MIx the long burts with almost no accuracy makes them useless.

Edited by Boche

agreed, the same problem shows up in Black Sea.  I read that Mk19 has an effective range out to 1500 meters, but I can't even reliably hit a BTR 82 with a burst at under 100m.  I really wish BF would fix this, it makes mk19 next to useless

I posted DoD guidelines on actual Mk19 accuracy. Clearly CMSF2/CMBS Mk19 is waaaaaay off mark when compared to real life.

Edited by IMHO