Sherman tank descent

Shame we cant have troops on tanks like in CMRT, many times the Brits and Cans went in battle like this, on June 7th Can Infantry rode on the Shermans of the Sherbrooke Fusilers on their doomed mission to capture Carpiquet airfield, also Canadians at Les Mesnil Paltry also rode into battle, (another disaster btw) plus Operation Goodwaood just for a start. Would really ad to CMBN.

On 6/19/2017 at 3:59 AM, John Kettler said:

US tank descent on an early model Sherman. Beware sudden stops!  Obviously, this is on the march, but I've never seen so many troops on one tank. There's also the small matter of these being re-enactors.

tumblr_or10uvfwyQ1rqpszmo1_1280.jpg

Source unknown Image Credit: https://bmashina.tumblr.com/page/58

Regards,

John Kettler

Hmmm...I'm going out on a limb here, but I also think it's just a tad bit in the Post War Era.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

It is where the gentlemen of Worcester take their good ladies on holiday, and buy them a handbag from La Maroquinerie.

I wish.....TBH I think I've seen the image before, posted by a friend from the modelling world, who lives in Cannes.  ;)

JoMc67.

6 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

Hmmm...I'm going out on a limb here, but I also think it's just a tad bit in the Post War Era.

That's why I made a point of saying they were re-enactors. Hair styles, dress, vehicles, cameras and such for the civilians clearly aren't period. Tank's pristine, too, and we all know how dusty Normandy was.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like there is a couple of medics attached to the unit with a stretcher. That would make fourteen.

And that boys and girls is a picture perfect example of WW2 applied "soft" reactive armor. Because you can bet when a Pak or Panzerfaust hits that tank those guys are going to react quickly. Plus if the fuse on the round hits a belt buckle or rifle stock and goes off then the armor will have done it's job.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:42 AM, NPye said:

Shame we cant have troops on tanks like in CMRT, many times the Brits and Cans went in battle like this, on June 7th Can Infantry rode on the Shermans of the Sherbrooke Fusilers on their doomed mission to capture Carpiquet airfield, also Canadians at Les Mesnil Paltry also rode into battle, (another disaster btw) plus Operation Goodwaood just for a start. Would really ad to CMBN.

Infantry always hitch a ride, wherever, and whenever they can, on whatever is available.
Anything is better than walking.