How do i get a hold of Michael Dorosh (MikeyD)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just googled Michael Dorosh and found that during his 5 months stay on the battlefront.com forums he posted more than 13.000 times :eek:. LOL. That makes 86 posts per day. If he hadnt been banned he would today probably have posted more than John Kettler and Michael Emrys togather.

I just googled Michael Dorosh and found that during his 5 months stay on the battlefront.com forums he posted more than 13.000 times :eek:. LOL. If he hadnt been banned he would today probably have posted more than John Kettler and Michael Emrys togather.

IIRC he was on these boards for much longer than 5 months--more like several years.

Really? It looks like he registered on 12-22-2007 and got banned on 4-15-2008:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=939538#post939538

During that time he made 13,965 posts:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/member.php?u=11

But whatever, maybe the forum statistics are wrong. There is no way a human beeing that needs food and sleep could post that much.

Thanx for the info guys. And Lol on the first post. Concerning the MikeyD, maybe i got things mixed up. But im looking for the MikeyD that did all the following Hi-Res skins for CMBB posted on the GreenasJade website (http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=26&game_type=3).

I would like to query something from him.

I just googled Michael Dorosh and found that during his 5 months stay on the battlefront.com forums he posted more than 13.000 times :eek:. LOL. That makes 86 posts per day. If he hadnt been banned he would today probably have posted more than John Kettler and Michael Emrys togather.

If you look in the Archives you can find posts from Dorosh as far back as Jan 2001. I'm pretty sure he was around before that too. I have no idea why the forum join date shows 2007 apart from it being a forum glitch. There were two major crashes in 2000 that wiped out a lot of accounts.

Hey now that we are on the subject, and sorry to bring it up if its sore or something, but what did ever happen to him (Micheal Dorosh)? He always seems to me a pretty reasonable guy. So then one week I didn't check the forum and it turns out he had gone crazy and got himself kicked out? What happened!? inquiring minds want to know. It seems like it was some kind of a secret right after it happened

It put a smile on my face to see he still plays the game (and is contributing scenarios to the community) even though he can't chat here with us. since I missed all the drama he just feel like an old forum friend I never got to say goodbye to.

Thanks oddball!

Hello, MikeyD here. Last name Duplessis (as in the notorious 1930s Quebec premiere), not Dorosh. click on the name, get the contact info.

Hi MikeyD. Sorry for the mix-up :o. Anyhow, now that Ive found the person i was looking for, could you please provide me with an e-mail address as id like to discuss something with you about CMBB.

Regards

JC

Hey now that we are on the subject, and sorry to bring it up if its sore or something, but what did ever happen to him (Micheal Dorosh)? He always seems to me a pretty reasonable guy. So then one week I didn't check the forum and it turns out he had gone crazy and got himself kicked out? What happened!? inquiring minds want to know. It seems like it was some kind of a secret right after it happened

People don't like to talk about it because it is not a pretty story. He was always a bit odd, what with having a dummy dressed in an SS uniform in his living room (I kid you not!), but was mostly pretty affable and harmless. Then he got mixed up with a very attractive lady and introduced her to the forum. She proved saner than he and eventually they had a falling out. Then the trouble started. He just couldn't let her go and began to viciously attack her here in the forum. He received several warnings but would just not let it go. Finally, BFC banned him and nailed the door shut. It was all pretty painful and embarrassing. I for one was sorry to watch it all go down. I'm sorry that he is gone, but BFC was absolutely right to ban him IMHO. If they allowed that kind of thing to continue it would bring down the whole forum sooner or later. Its continued existence depends on our behaving sensibly, responsibly and with a modicum of civility.

Michael

I've been on this board forever, but I missed the details of that drama. I'm glad I did.

FWIW, he posts regularly on the wargames forums at BoardGameGeek, where he is knowledgeable and opinionated but also (so far as I have ever seen) sane and civil.

People don't like to talk about it because it is not a pretty story. He was always a bit odd, what with having a dummy dressed in an SS uniform in his living room (I kid you not!), but was mostly pretty affable and harmless. Then he got mixed up with a very attractive lady and introduced her to the forum. She proved saner than he and eventually they had a falling out. Then the trouble started. He just couldn't let her go and began to viciously attack her here in the forum. He received several warnings but would just not let it go. Finally, BFC banned him and nailed the door shut. It was all pretty painful and embarrassing. I for one was sorry to watch it all go down. I'm sorry that he is gone, but BFC was absolutely right to ban him IMHO. If they allowed that kind of thing to continue it would bring down the whole forum sooner or later. Its continued existence depends on our behaving sensibly, responsibly and with a modicum of civility.

Michael

Wow that has all the makings of a reality tv show. You know if my only choice was to go back to the ss dummy in the living room after getting dumped I guess I'd lose it too. Fortunately my dummy is dressed up like a Parisian on the barricades from Les Miserables and spends most of her time in the kitchen or the porch. We don't fight over the remote that way. SS dummy sheesh, what was he thinking?

I'm not sure its very 'nice' for us to be talking about this, even if the guy does seem to have had the long knives out for CM for years. This might be an inappropriate person to quote in Dorosh's defense but I believe it was Norman Bates who said "We all go a little mad sometime."

It put a smile on my face to see he still plays the game (and is contributing scenarios to the community) even though he can't chat here with us. since I missed all the drama he just feel like an old forum friend I never got to say goodbye to.

Thanks oddball!

What?

Why are you thanking me?

What did I do???? :D