Hetzers

kensal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case somebodys is interested: 'Hetzer'is a great name for a TD: It s german for 'he who chases/chevys something' but it cant be translated as 'hunter'. 'Predator' would be a good translation, but it is also not entirely accurate too.

Anyways, I like name Hetzer because it sounds really nasty.

My favorite german TD is the Jagdpanzer IV/70 though: it combines the low shiloutte of a german turretless TD with the awesome penetrating power of the Panthers main 75 mm gun.

Just in case somebodys is interested: 'Hetzer'is a great name for a TD: It s german for 'he who chases/chevys something' but it cant be translated as 'hunter'. 'Predator' would be a good translation, but it is also not entirely accurate too.

Anyways, I like name Hetzer because it sounds really nasty.

My favorite german TD is the Jagdpanzer IV/70 though: it combines the low shiloutte of a german turretless TD with the awesome penetrating power of the Panthers main 75 mm gun.

I thought Hetzer translated as Bushwacker.

Anyway I went over the list of German vehicles for RT and the following along with the Hetzer will be entirely new to CMX2:

STUH 42 Late

251/16/d Flamethrower halftrack

And the following other halftracks. Market-Garden gave us the C ausfalle for these. I don't know what the difference is.

251/1/d

251/2/d

251/3/d

251/7/d

251/10/d

251/9/d

Would 'harrier' be a good translation? It sounds like that's what you are talking about.

Michael

To 'hetzen' means to speed something up - with a whip or similar. ;)

Or what dogs do in a fox hunt or battue.

http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html#/search=hetzen&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on

There are a couple of quite different translations for "hetzen". However, the "Hetzer" obviously refers to "hetzen" as the "hunting mode" of wolves or a pack of hounds. This chasing of the prey until it is worn out and ready for the kill. Therefore perhaps "chaser" would be appropiate. Any way, Hetzer indeed sounds good. Though chasing his prey is certainly not what a TD should do.

There are a couple of quite different translations for "hetzen". However, the "Hetzer" obviously refers to "hetzen" as the "hunting mode" of wolves or a pack of hounds. This chasing of the prey until it is worn out and ready for the kill. Therefore perhaps "chaser" would be appropiate. Any way, Hetzer indeed sounds good. Though chasing his prey is certainly not what a TD should do.

Stalker :)

Rather than continue the JS III vs Hetzer discussion in the German aar I thought I'd bring it to this thread just to comment that Steve once mentioned the possibility of doing what if vehicles in some future module (perhaps with the Bulge family so we're talking a long way down the road). The JSIII did not see action in the war but I think it would be a better candidate for inclusion as one of the "what if" vehicles than the Maus or E-100 which were mentioned by Steve. I just don't think the Maus or E-100 really had a serious chance of entering production. They are totally impracticle AFVs. Other good what if choices would be Centurions and maybe the Panther II. Any other good choices or do you just love the Maus no matter what? :)