The shader fixer of CMFI also works in the CMBN.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a couple of small files? I believe i deleted them :(

If this helps with the shadow stripping etc i WOULD love if someone could PM me or send those couple of small files to me please. It appears that hotfix no longer exists now.

dexadrinne@gmail.com

Regards

P.S. Actually i DO have that hotfix.. 2 files. If i remember correctly i place them in the Z folder correct?

It was included in one of the CMFI patches.

I would assume BFC will be coming out with it for CMBN soon too, but if you want to get your hands on it, you need to contact a CMFI player and ask for the two files.

I also have CMFI, so i just copy two files from the CMFI directory into my CMBN directory?

Hi para - yeah, just copy the bumpmapping.vert and .frag files over from your CMFI Z folder into your CMBN Z folder and you should see the improvement - I did.

I'm sure Phil will be releasing the equivalent CMBN hotfix that we got for CMFI back in August. This was then rolled into the CNFI 1.0.1 patch.

Why was this not in the 2.0 upgrade?

Think of them as optional files rather than replacement files. Apparently for folks with older graphics cards, the 'default' ones included in 2.0 are the best ones.

I think Phil is currently working on the 2.0 CMBN ones to make them even better, so this is just a stop gap measure.

Think of them as optional files rather than replacement files. Apparently for folks with older graphics cards, the 'default' ones included in 2.0 are the best ones.

I think Phil is currently working on the 2.0 CMBN ones to make them even better, so this is just a stop gap measure.

Ok cheers :)

Yep. Just drop them in your Z folder. Do note that in the original hotfix (as I recall) there were Nvidia and ATI/AMD-specific shaders. They should work either way, they were just optimized for differences in the architectures.

I will come out with improved shaders specifically for CMBN 2.0, but the CMFI ones should work fine in the interim. You can get them by downloading the CMFI hot fix - it's just a zipped collection of files. They're in a folder called "Improved Shaders" or something along those lines.

Edit: and yeah, that's a good explanation Zatoichi. These are totally optional and may not work for everyone.

Ok, I am confused. I have exploded brz files to compare the CMFI and CMN shader files. And the shaders in CMFI 1.01 are identical to the CMN 1.11 (2.0 had no shader changes).

So I assume that the shader hotfix that was posted (that included two separate versions for NVIDIA and AMD) is giving you all the extra stuff? Where do I find that old hotfix archive? Can't seem to locate on the battlefront website it anymore.

The "new shaders ATI" from the CMFI hot patch work on my Mac Pro 4,1 with ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB graphics, 18 GB memory, all graphics settings at best.

I can now toggle shaders on and off now!

No horizon graphics issues.

All graphics look better, IMO.

Buzz

Question?

Would these two files be in the CMFI Demo?

No, they were in the CMFI hotfix. They're optional shaders, so they wouldn't be included in any release.

So I assume that the shader hotfix that was posted (that included two separate versions for NVIDIA and AMD) is giving you all the extra stuff? Where do I find that old hotfix archive? Can't seem to locate on the battlefront website it anymore.

Yes, the optional shaders are giving you all the extra stuff. I'll dig up a link to them.

That's interesting. I deleted those two files a while back thinking they were just beta files and not required - I just reinstalled the 1.01 patch and those two files still do not exist in my installation!

They're not included in any patches or releases - they're just optional extra files in the CMFI hotfix. I'll post a link.

I confirm they can work on both FI v1.1 and BN v.2 but I'm not so sure they make a relevant difference with those two versions...

Actually I noticed those files only after I used the FI DVD install and not the downloaded version I had previously installed on the Laptop; now that I have the Mac Pro updated too I can check if there are real improvements in using them in the Z folder...