Aris: You out there?

Erwin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, here I am again,...well, sometimes, ;) : Real life has kept me rather busy lately so modding time has been limited to say the least.

Anyway, back to the workshop with the Jadgpanzer IVs, ..work started on the "Late" variant, much left to do yet, I hope to have it finished during this week.

Portapapeles000X1.jpg

Hi guys, here I am again,...well, sometimes, ;) : Real life has kept me rather busy lately so modding time has been limited to say the least.

Anyway, back to the workshop with the Jadgpanzer IVs, ..work started on the "Late" variant, much left to do yet, I hope to have it finished during this week.

Unfortunately you have now attained rock star status. You will need to hire a PR agent to run your twitter feed and facebook page so we can get all the gory details of your personal life that infringe on our mods. :D

What can I say, it's your fault for getting us hooked. "Goddamn the pusher man" and all that.

One quick question Aris - I'm doing a DAR on a campaign on the main forum, and was installing some mods (i.e. yours) to change the look of the vehicles and terrain. Unfortunately, the panther variant in the campaign (Panther A mid) is the only one i was unable to find a mod of yours for. Do you know if it is possible for me to patch one together from your existing panther mods by copying/renaming existing textures? Or do will you at some point fix this tragic oversight :)

I have a question for you guys,...I have been giving the final touches to my next mod, a weathered Jadgpanzer IV Late, and as I was applying layer after layer of dust and grime I thought that I could upload a mod which would allow you to have this vehicle with different levels of dirt at the same time in the game(various BMPs with "light", "Medium" and "Heavy" dirt, or something like that,...) OR a mod with the same amount of dirt in different, random places. What would you prefer?

Portapapeles000X3.jpg

Sorry me again....

How lond does it take you to do a tank/vehicle on average?

Dont worry I'm not expecting you to furnish your rabid fans with daily updates of your work second by second - (but have you heard of twitter? ;) ) just curious cos' your mods are all degrees of loveliness and fab.

If you could just cancel any engagements/real life priorites (actually cancel Christmas come to think about it) and keep em coming!!!

Just kidding about christmas...

Skimbo

Hello skimbo. It takes many hours to do a single mod, but in my case, after many many hours of modding and weathering vehicles I have a huge collection of dirt, dust and grime samples in Photoshop. so it takes less to finish one. But, it´s just a matter of having fun with it, and improving your skills,...I´d say my first mods (Tigers,...etc) took me about 15 hours each, and my latest ones (Stugs,....) 6-10 hours.

To the rest of you, comments are being taken into account ;)

Oh, thank Christ he's back. I was starting to think the tattoo of Fuser's face I got above my right hip back in August during his unrivaled modgasm may have been...wreckless.

Options for filth, nah. When I click on an "Aris Mod" link I know I am in store for the most exquisitely placed splatters, plentiful abrasions and delicately overlayed films going. The visual balance is already there and it is a supreme testimony to your skill. Ain't no need to dial it back or "scale for effect." Spend that time adding more decal options - now those really pop!

Thanks again for all of your dedication and generosity. I'm one of those funky WEGO guys that watches a replay half a dozen times and your work helps bring the game to life in a big way.

Oh, and uh, the 251's man. When folks say any models in the game not bearing your textures look unfinished, they ain't blowin' smoke. You must finish the 251 series - it is...your destiny...

Nearly done, the heavily weathered version is depicted below,...I have added three decal options and three weathering levels. It would be possible to have each decal option with different dirt and grime but that would be 9 BMPs for a single vehicle, and file size would be too big for a single mod... I will upload it tomorrow, and...well, you will choose, either dirt levels or decal options ( or even 3 dirt options and all three decals with the same undercoat).

Hope that you like it.

Portapapeles000X6.jpg

Options for filth, nah. When I click on an "Aris Mod" link I know I am in store for the most exquisitely placed splatters, plentiful abrasions and delicately overlayed films going. The visual balance is already there and it is a supreme testimony to your skill. Ain't no need to dial it back or "scale for effect." Spend that time adding more decal options - now those really pop!

Thanks again for all of your dedication and generosity. I'm one of those funky WEGO guys that watches a replay half a dozen times and your work helps bring the game to life in a big way.

+1 on all that. If it ain't dirty, it must not be near the front. Who the hell has time to clean it when you need to keep in running and camouflaged? Like the haggard faces on the other mod, the dirt on these vehicles adds so darn much to the immersion. Your work is really very much appreciated.