Sales

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=985480&postcount=12

BTW, the 100,000 units sold thing is quite low if all CMx1 games are factored in together. Remember we've had large amounts of retail coverage pretty much world wide since 2000. I'd guess the total numbers to be in the 300,000 range.

Note: CMBO sold more than any other CM game, followed by CMBB. Steve has said that CMBN is on pace to sell about as well as CMBB.

I recall in the mists of time that Steve said CMBB sold quite a lot less than CMBO. IIRC this was the reason for going to the smaller episode based releases, after taking 2 years doing the entire Russian front and getting a lot less reward.

I don't know what that means for CMBN but it seems it has a lot less press coverage (and no retail at all) compared to CMBO. That might mean a breakdown like: CMBO 250k, CMBB 75k and CMAK 25k.

There's not much hard info from BFC, but plenty of WAG's on the forum. I'd be surprised if CMBN has sold more than 10k copies based on the downloads in the repository and the forum traffic and the lack of press . But they are all full price sales direct to BFC, so maybe they make more money out of 10k CMBN than 100k CMBB sold out of the bargain bin.

Hmmm... That really sucks. I don't know how I'm supposed to do a report on CM if the sales figures are not available or unreferenced. For most games you can get them through some add service deal a friend of mine has. But I really doubt a game like this will have one. I'll maybe have to do another game.

We already had this discussion, and Steve did text in that CMBN was well on its way to becoming the most sold game that they have marketed. Thus tied into the quote given here. You can only assume that it will outsell CMBO, but it is still a guess as to how many copies that is.

But this is by far, maybe the most profitable game they have created and sold. But no retirement plans yet, that is good as for all of us and this addiction that we have.

OK, I remembered incorrectly. here is the quote from Steve, Note that it might top direct sales, most of CMBO sales were not direct.

"No you don't. If we became insanely rich we might retire early and do something else. So you want us to be comfortably compensated, but still hungry for more

And no, the order numbers don't mean anything. 220,000 orders would definitely put us into the "at risk of retiring" range, not to mention 2 million! Either one is a nice thought.

While we won't give out sales numbers, or a hint of them, we can say that CM:BN will likely top our direct sales for any other game except (possibly!) CMBO. Too soon to say for sure since the game hasn't even been out a week yet, but that's the way it's headed."

Steve