German for "Fire for Effect"?

btw, did you ever notice that this film includes one of the more realistic ground combat scenes ever fictionalized in cinema?

Yes, at first I wondered if they used real combat footage. If only Full Metal Jacket had become that realistic concerning the combat - now that Kubrick is dead I figure we won't get a realistic war movie anytime soon. And no, Band of Brothers doesn't count as realistic. ;)

Yes, at first I wondered if they used real combat footage. If only Full Metal Jacket had become that realistic concerning the combat - now that Kubrick is dead I figure we won't get a realistic war movie anytime soon. And no, Band of Brothers doesn't count as realistic. ;)

Plain technically and with all that current advanced computer FX and rendering techniques, one actually can create any realism war movie with just a limited bunch of true actors. The question is who would invest in such war movies nowadays?

I could imagine a realistic Kursk battle movie with masses of (computer rendered) T-34 sweeping the steppes and the like.

Maybe in 10 years, PC hardware and Graphic applications are good (and cheap) enough, so you can create your own war movie at your home computer. Who knows...:D

Since the trend seems to be leaning more toward a German-accented English voice mod rather than an actual-German voice mod, I think can whip something up to that effect. Granted, it won't be purpose-made and fully third-party like what YankeeDog has proposed, but the more the merrier, I say.

Animals vill be bred und ZLAUGHTERED!

I love

:D

In my humble opinion some things sound better in German. These include:

1) The carol 'Silent Night'

2) Any song sung by Marlene Dietrich

3) Anything by Mozart.

4) CMN German voice files.

This proposed mod would make CMN all a bit too 'Hogan's Heroes' for my tastes. Others might not agree. I will however observe with interest. Good luck and don't let this stop you.

SLR

In my humble opinion some things sound better in German. These include:

1) The carol 'Silent Night'

2) Any song sung by Marlene Dietrich

3) Anything by Mozart.

4) CMN German voice files.

This proposed mod would make CMN all a bit too 'Hogan's Heroes' for my tastes. Others might not agree. I will however observe with interest. Good luck and don't let this stop you.

SLR

LOL funny but yeah I have to agree. (Especially about Marlene Dietrich) Hearing those voices in German really adds to the immersion for me. Having it sound like Hogan's Heroes, while funny and easier to understand would detract. Then again I am one of those people who prefers subtitles in movies over dubbing.

It is worth the effort for me to read the translations posted for German voice files. Between those and Mord's Immersive Voice file the audio portion of the game is as good as the graphic mods.