German for "Fire for Effect"?

I'm a non-German speaker playing as the Germans in a current game; how do I know when my artillery is "firing for effect"? If it's not too difficult, is it possible for someone to post the sound file here for me to listen to when the HQ or FO says that (or its German equivalent), or direct me to it in the game files? Thanks in advance!

:D

Anstellung means "hiring", like "Eine Anstellung bei Battlefront als Käferjäger"...for example.

Which would be "A hiring at Battlefront as bug-hunter".

But my english is so bad that this is maybe wrong too... ;)

You're absolutely right. I got confused because "Anstellung" is also often translated into English as the word "Employ" or "Employment", and "Employ[ment]" in English has multiple meanings -- it can mean "job" or "to hire", but it also has a more general meaning of "to put to use or service." So I thought "Feuer Anstellung" in German could mean something like "put the [Artillery] Fire to use". But obviously I was very wrong.

I think the sound file I was actually (incorrectly) recalling is the "Feuer einstellen" file, which of course means the opposite of "Fire for Effect."

I remember this being mentioned back when CMAK came out, but as far as I know nothing ever came of it and it would be nifty if something could be done in the future for CMBN. Alternate .wav files that employ English with pseudo-German accents for those of us who have no concept of the German language.

Granted, this is something which would benefit mainly those who live in an English-centric world, or people who, through no fault of their own, took other languages in school like Latin or Spanish (which through the years has eroded to the point where they can only incorrectly quote famous Latin phrases or order beer in Mexican restaurants.

Basically, people exactly like... me.

So, there you have it. I'd appreciate it if someone would jump on this toot sweet.

Thank you.

Hmmm... If a German-accented English sound mod is something a fair number of people would like and use, I might be able to get one together. I'm an actor myself and have done several roles requiring a German accent so it's something I'm already familiar with. I'm also the Artistic Director of a small not-for-profit theater company so I have a readily available pool of actors who are very good with accents and would probably lend their voices to project like this just for the fun of it.

But it would be a fair amount of work to do this right... here is my query: If I used my theater company's talent pool to put together a good-quality "faux German" voice mod, with multiple voices, high-quality sound editing, etc., and put it out there as free download with a request to send a modest and completely voluntary donation to the theater company if you like the mod and use it, how many takers would there be? I'm thinking maybe a buck or two as the "suggested donation."

Fundraising for not-for-profits is really tough in the current economy, so I'm always looking to ways to raise money for the company beyond simply begging for money from rich folks... I obviously wouldn't expect to bring in lot of money from a project like this, but every little bit helps.

If there is enough interest, I'm open to suggestions as to the exact execution, but my instinct would be to go for Hollywood German accents, as you hear in the war films of the 1940s - 1960s. It's obviously not realistic to have Germans speaking in accented English on the battlefield, so there's no reason to pretend otherwise. (As a side note, the native German-speaking actors who played (English-speaking) German roles in the classic Hollywood war films often manufactured their "German accent" to fit the American movie audience's perception of what a German speaking English should sound like.)

Probably wouldn't be able to get to it until November or December due to other commitments. But if people are interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do... I would also need to make sure this was kosher with BFC, but it doesn't seem like something they would object to.

<snip>But it would be a fair amount of work to do this right... here is my query: If I used my theater company's talent pool to put together a good-quality "faux German" voice mod, with multiple voices, high-quality sound editing, etc., and put it out there as free download with a request to send a modest and completely voluntary donation to the theater company if you like the mod and use it, how many takers would there be? I'm thinking maybe a buck or two as the "suggested donation."<snip>

I would be interested - and I would donate too.

Yankeedog, I'm in and will gladly donate. Someone, at some point, has to do Arte Johnson's "Verrrry Intresting!" tagline though.:D

While you're at it, it would be nice to add some voice variety to Mord's excellent American voices. He did such a good job that it's hard to improve on, but different voices would add variety.

So you guys who are donating for this mod, would you donate to the place that stores the mod, as well?

My experience is that about 1 in 100 users will donate approx $10 for a tool, and a lot less will donate something for visiting a web site. I don't know what the donation rate for a specific mod might be: I guess if people agree upfront the donation rate would be higher. The upside of this is that I know very well who the donators are for CMMODS, it's easy to keep track of :D Thanks to you guys :D

GaJ

So you guys who are donating for this mod, would you donate to the place that stores the mod, as well?

My experience is that about 1 in 100 users will donate approx $10 for a tool, and a lot less will donate something for visiting a web site. I don't know what the donation rate for a specific mod might be: I guess if people agree upfront the donation rate would be higher. The upside of this is that I know very well who the donators are for CMMODS, it's easy to keep track of :D Thanks to you guys :D

GaJ

Speaking of which, is there an issue with a credit card donation to your site from outside Australia. I got down to including state and it only lists Australian territories. Basically kicks me out at that point. I don't have a paypal account and don't have any intention of getting one. (personal issues there with eBay, long story :-D )