Greatest technical ever

Oh yessss ... is that the rocket pod off a Hind? The BMP turret is good, definitely, but this just has more.. I dno, more 'Bijou'. Its way more aerodynamic for a start, and it has that sleek look combining style and function - and check out the other technical in the background with the go-faster red stripes, obviously this particular group of rebels have an acute sense of whats cool and what isnt.

Why do I get the feeling that the above-pictured technical's rockets would be more accurate — or, rather, less inaccurate — than those of the Hind gunships which are already in the game? =P

I must say that I agree with the beginning post, the art of the Technical has reached new highs in the Libyan Civil War. My vote also goes for the BMP turret. Just the other day a buddy of mine and I were discussing mounting a Mk 19 to his Acura TL. With a little bit of reinforcing and a ring mount from a Humvee, it might be do able. We also thought of mounting a 240B out the back window for rear quarter protection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wonder how successful that M-113 with the turret actually was in combat.

<good-natured sarcasm> Certainly orders of magnitude more lethal, survivable, maneuverable, and air-mobile than a not-put-together-in-a-junkyard M1126. </good-natured sarcasm> :D

My gods, that is so incredibly awesome. My vote goes for the BMP turret for the most awesome though, it looks so incredibly out of place, it's almost as if they just strapped an AFV turret to the back of a pickup truck.

They did. Didn't you see the wood bracing holding up the contraption in the truck? Unfortunately you can't tell if the turret still traverses or if it's fixed. Wonder what would happen if it does traverse and they fired it 180 degrees off the line of travel of the truck?

Wonder how fast the shocks wear out on that thing lol.

I wonder how successful that M-113 with the turret actually was in combat.

Reminds me of the Australian M113 with the Saladin turret on top. Looks like a decent way to lug that cannon around under cover, as long as nobody fired anything bigger than a rifle at it. I have a strong suspicion 'outside forces' (wink-nod) were responsible for the flood of cobbled-together equipment. Somebody somewhere probably had a 'how to throw together a citizen army from scratch' Powerpoint presentation sitting on his hard drive. :)

• 2 weeks later...