Greatest technical ever

I have to say, its so interesting to watch weapons we see so much in CMSF being used.

A couple days ago there was a clip of a good-old T55 in hull-down position. We take that old tank so for granted in the game. When it fired its cannon I let out a little yelp! A 100mm high pressurre tank gun is 'real' firepower, whatever they tell you. Especially after you've been playing with WWII pop-guns in CM:BN. :D

A couple days ago there was a clip of a good-old T55 in hull-down position. We take that old tank so for granted in the game.

Against an M1A1 or a Challenger 2 or a Leopard 2A6 or even an M2/3A3 (so long as it isn't in the middle of reloading its TOWs), a T-55 is a death trap. Against technicals (except perhaps one with an SPG-9 that's in a position to get off a flank shot) or dismounted insurgents, a T-55 is kick-ass (so long as it isn't crewed by incompetents).

Such has been my experience in CMSF, anyway. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. All those pesky people. I can think of quite a few poeple the world would be better off without. Maybe we could corral them all somewhere useless, then nuke them all in one go.

Alberta seems like a good choice. Nothing useful there.

"All those pesky people. I can think of quite a few poeple the world would be better off without. Maybe we could corral them all somewhere useless, then nuke them all in one go."

Careful... That's probably what our beloved superrich top 1% are thinking about the rest of us 99%.

I like that video of the improved rocket pod technical being set on fire by the backblast of the launch.

It is said that most of the rebel irregulars are students.... very obviously, not ENGINEERING students.

What is the line from the movie, 300? "They shout and curse, stabbing wildly, more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs....they do their part"

Those photos are prompting me to revisit CMSF again. Spending so much time in Normandy I really do miss modern warfighting. I have got a small pile of finished unused nice large maps. When I have some downtime I should consider throwing together a Red-on-Red Libya scenario with coombatants, technicals and T-55s. Reduced lethality Red-on-Red battles are the best! :)

I like that video of the improved rocket pod technical being set on fire by the backblast of the launch.

It is said that most of the rebel irregulars are students.... very obviously, not ENGINEERING students.

What is the line from the movie, 300? "They shout and curse, stabbing wildly, more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs....they do their part"

That guys in slitters and white t-shorts are just posing for photographs. Real "rebels" look different.

Against an M1A1 or a Challenger 2 or a Leopard 2A6 or even an M2/3A3 (so long as it isn't in the middle of reloading its TOWs), a T-55 is a death trap.

In real life M2's would have few chances against tanks. (not in defense) In the game isn't simulated erecting TOW launchers before a shot.

A long long time ago a rather 'spooky' old Vietnam vet told me a tale that resembled nothing I had read in the history books. How U.S. M48 MBTs would occassionally engage in set-piece tank battles across the DMZ with their NVA T-55 counterparts. The way he described it those battles might have remained highly classified because they weren't exactly *victories*. For being an 'old soldier's story' (and justifiably suspect) it had some surprising detail, how infantry on both side would simply cower as the lethal display took place all around them. How one M48 returned to laager to find the tank had been holed clean-through beneath the turret basket without the crew being aware of it.