new 1.32 patch

Were German Panzerpioniers always supposed to have no launchers for the Panzerfaust 3 reloads in their Fuchs? 'Cause they're not there now. Luckily the Marders do finally have them.

Yeah...I noticed that too. If you look in the scenario "Beir und Brezel," you can see the Fuchs have no panzerfaust weapon but three rounds of ammo for that weapon. Also, look around the map at the antitank teams, German teams that is, they are carrying no antitank weapon on them. Something is not quite right...unless I'm missing something.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were German Panzerpioniers always supposed to have no launchers for the Panzerfaust 3 reloads in their Fuchs? 'Cause they're not there now. Luckily the Marders do finally have them.

I checked two scenario's with Fuch vehicles and light infantry, Stolz von Bayern and Beer and Bretzels, and in both cases the infantry already carries the panzerfaust launchers, and the rockets in the Fuchs are extra ammunition.

What scenario are you talking about?

I checked two scenario's with Fuch vehicles and light infantry, Stolz von Bayern and Beer and Bretzels, and in both cases the infantry already carries the panzerfaust launchers, and the rockets in the Fuchs are extra ammunition.

I first noticed it in a QB. I got suspicious and opened the editor. I added a unit op Panzerpioniers to blue force and then deployed them. I then noticed that the pioneer units in the Fuchs had no launcher, neither did the Fuchs itself. I'll get two screenshots.

cmshockforce20110715163.png

cmshockforce20110715163.png

When looking into the scenario "Bier und Brezels," did you by chance check the antitank teams spread out around the map? When I look at them in that scenario, they are not carrying any antitank weapons on them...just two infantry soldiers with rifles.

I will look into it, but haven't had a chance yet. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you applied the 1.32 patch to a completely clean instal, before checking.

Hold on. The units in Bier und Bretzel are all light infantry. As can be seen from above screenshots, panzerpionier units are mechanized infantry. I'll see if I can find a scenario with them. Or perhaps someone know one of the top of their head?

Update: got one on my second try. :-) Scenario NATO Alamo has some panzerpionier units in it. There is one Fuchs Pioneers in the centre courtyard that belongs to the panzerpionier formation and has only three PzF3 reloads and no launcher. There is a Panzerpioneer squad near the courtyard entrance with no reloads and no launcher. In short: no launcher to be seen.

I still have to get final confirmation, but it seems the German TO&E in 1.32 is correct, the Panzerpioniers do not have an inherent AT capability, so no PF-3 launchers.

The German forces in game are based on the 10th Panzer division. German infantry are not as liberally equipped with AT weapons as the U.S. Army.

The Fuchs carry no inherent PF-3 launchers, but have 3 reloads.

Each Panzergrenadier squad already carries a lot of equipment and does not have an integral PF-3, but has access to a PF-3 launcher and 3 reloads in their Marder, as required.

Each Gebirsjager squad has an integral PF-3 laucher and 1 reload and has access to a further 3 reloads in their Fuchs.

The Aufklarung Recon squads already have a PF-3 laucher and 3 reloads per squad.

The Panzerpioniers are support troops and do not have an inherent AT capability.

Hey G,

I checked out B&B, I think I see what the problem is. The units with the AT icons are really HQ units, part of the weapons company of the Aufklarung (Recon) battalion. It is listed as an AT platoon, but the AT part comes from the TOW equipped Wiesels.

Those units with the AT icons appear to be part of the HQ units, they were never meant to have PF-3s. You will notice they revert back to an infantry icon when you combine the split squads.

I will raise it, but if I am correct, I doubt there will be a further patch just for that. It does not affect gameplay.

I still have to get final confirmation, but it seems the German TO&E in 1.32 is correct, the Panzerpioniers do not have an inherent AT capability, so no PF-3 launchers.

That would explain why they don't have a launcher.:) It seems like an odd policy though to give your troops access to three reloads and no launcher. It's like sending troops into battle with only a magazine.

Remember Syrian APCs carry spare RPGs around without the associated launcher. Marine armored trucks carry Javelin rounds (and everything else!) without launcher. So 'spare ammo just in case someone with a launcher happens by' isn't unprecedented in the game.

Wow, it is different to be fighting in the desert then in the bocage. If I had the CMSF equipment in normandy, the fighting would be even more savage. Every man with a machine gun type of savage. I can't wait for CMSF2!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem with this patch that Phantom Captain had. The text in the activity box in the lower left is messed up and the labels for the Syrians are listed as Stryker squads. Someone said he should do a re-install and my question is concerning that re-install. Do I uninstall everything, main game and all of the modules and then reinstall everything and then repatch everything? What about the licenses, do I have to go through that all again as well. Sorry if these questions seem elementary but I'm not a tech savvy as I would like to be. :-)

Do I uninstall everything, main game and all of the modules and then reinstall everything and then repatch everything?

I believe so. You won't need to deal with licenses though; just don't unlicense when you uninstall since you'll be installing on the same machine. :) Maybe Schrullenhaft can provide more insight.

Thanks for the long awaited 1.32 patch. My 1st love was always modern and this will give me an excuse to re-visit CMSF. Unfortunatley, I'm suffering from the same problem regarding the name bug.

I have just started a battle to find, amogst other things, that my BMP 2s are labelled Jagdpanzers in the silhouette picture box in the UI. Does this mean I should uninstall CMBN (and CMA just to be sure) as well?

Of course, I'll do anything that needs to be done to cure my beloved CMSF but the thought of uninstalling any of these games, even temporarily, leaves me in a cold sweat.

It would be great to know what's different about the systems that you guys with the messed up text have compared to others. Because right now I can tell you what the problem is, and how to fix it, but not why it's happening.

The problem is you're game is, for some reason, using the STRINGS resource from v1.31 instead of from v1.32. Since text in the game is hardcoded to a particular line in the strings file, it just plucks whatever is on its assigned line and displays it.

The quickest thing to check is to see if there is a v1.32 BRZ in your Data folder. If not, that is the problem for sure. Though I don't know why you'd get the v1.32 EXE and not the 1.32 BRZ as they are installed at the same time, supposedly to the same root folder.

A full reinstall should fix this, but that's a real PITA for most people. So let's see if we can figure out what's going wrong for you guys with the text problems. Check out the Data folder and report back here, please.

Steve

Steve, I don't know if you saw my previous post in this thread, but the problem happened to me a month or so ago, prior to patch 1.32.

I am running WinXP on my laptop, with XP patched and using SP3. I also have Norton AntiVirus 360 v. 5.1.0.29. Norton quarantined my NATO module. I reinstalled NATO and then started noticing the problem. So, I uninstalled CM:SF on my laptop and have yet to reinstall CMSF with all of the modules and patch 1.32.

By the way I think it was one of Norton's updates that caused it to quarantine the NATO module, which occured sometime after my original install.