new 1.32 patch

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Captain and MarkE,

I also experienced this issue on my laptop. I had CMSF, CMA, and CMBN installed. I was getting CMSF units being named with stuff from CMBN. I have uninstalled CMSF (Marines, British, NATO) so I can't provide a screen shot. This issue happened prior to the new patch 1.32.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused the corruption is Norton AntiVirus. At some point it apparently quarantined my CMSF NATO module. I reinstalled NATO a while back, and then recently noticed this issue.

My CMBN and CMA installs on my laptop are fine, and I have not noticed any corruption of the unit names in these games.

Hope this helps.

Edit: wondering if the CM games share a registry file?

I've got the naming bug before (without CMBN installed), you will probably have to do a clean install. CMSF seems excessively prone to corruption, for whatever reason. I've gotten that bug and the textures bug (where literally everything has the same random texture applied to it) half a dozen times.

Thanks for the patch! Figured it would be a few more weeks before we saw this thing.

I recall mis-installing CM:BN once, somehow, and finding references to Bradley and Strykers in the text. Is this a running savegame from a previous patch? It doesn't look it, it looks like a fresh game - Al Huqf. [EDIT]. I just started that scenario and my text is okay.

Just to be sure, your startup opening screen, does it say v1.32 at the bottom or v1.31?

Yep,

Starting screen says 1.32 and this is on my laptop. I didn't turn off the antivirus when I downloaded the patch and did have issues with AVG quarantining before but never the naming problem. Just having the destop shortcut icons removed which i restored.

I had the issue with the Germans on a battle mission, not a saved game and then on this screen shot, exactly the same. Not a saved mission.

I'm going to patch my destop but am pretty confident now it will be ok. Very strange this bug though on the laptop. AV programs really mess with CM.

Well happy to report no problems on my destop at all with installing the new patch. Put my mods back in and there is no problem there either. I hope the community made scenarios I've dl'ed and saved aren't affected but didn't have a chance to check if they were all there.

VERY HAPPY to have CMSF up to par again and am finally able to get into the German NATO campaign!!!

I don't use the laptop much as it is, it runs slow and graphics are way down, I usually only use it to tinker around on small scenarios. I may just uninstall everything there and do a clean install to get it working right.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I've talked with more and more players who, after having got their long-awaited WWII 'fix', are growing nostalgic for exploding ERA armor boxes, .50 cal sniper rifles, and AT-4 anti-tank missiles. :D

Absolutely Mikey, and also nostalgic for the CMSF Forum without all of the noobie questions. Nice to see some activity here.

I've talked with more and more players who, after having got their long-awaited WWII 'fix', are growing nostalgic for exploding ERA armor boxes, .50 cal sniper rifles, and AT-4 anti-tank missiles. :D

LOL...absolutely true. I've even fired up the scenario editor in order to finish a mission I started quite a while back.

LOL! True. I jumped back into the British campaign weeks ago and am enjoying it thoroughly! Also have played a bit of CM:A! Just last week I also jumped back into Task Force Thunder as I had to go back and re-start the whole campaign way back when because of updates and such.

Have to say, and never thought I would say it, I almost think I'm more a fan of the modern era now more than anything. :D

Don't get me wrong, as soon as CMBN is patched and some issues resolved I'm sure my time will be split evenly between the two, but I just never thought modern would grab me as much as it did when I started playing it.