Can we get news from our sponsor?

Well, I'll answer your questions to the best of my NDA-restricted abilities.

Do we have a time frame?

Unless Steve chimes in, I doubt I can say anything here.

How has testing been going?

Well. :D Anything more than that is probably another NDA violation.

What features are you working on?

Covered by NDA. If you really want to know you could try searching Steve's posts as he generally is the only one who releases pre-patch "patch notes." ;)

Any new maps coming with patch?

Not official maps. New content is either released on the Repository or in modules. The one exception I can recall is that they included upgraded versions of the M1A2 SEP and Bradleys in the 1.10 patch for CMSF, but I'm pretty sure that was a one-time thing.

Why would anyone want a patch ETA from Steve?

The man has the predictive abilities of Harold Camping! ;)

I still see those bilboards up all over the place.What an idiot.Jesus said"No man will know the time of my return"I don't recall him adding "Oh yea,no man except Harold Camping"to the end of his words.What a Moron.:rolleyes:

I still see those bilboards up all over the place.What an idiot.Jesus said"No man will know the time of my return"I don't recall him adding "Oh yea,no man except Harold Camping"to the end of his words.What a Moron.:rolleyes:

Moron isn't the word I would use... it'd start with "F" and end with "aud". That organization made a crazy amount of money from donations.

Moron isn't the word I would use... it'd start with "F" and end with "aud". That organization made a crazy amount of money from donations.

I would hate to be the man that uses Religion to get rich then meets God when he dies.I bet they have a really special place in Hell for those type.

The man has the predictive abilities of Harold Camping! ;)

I resent that! Camping only had to predict ONE thing ONE time and he got it wrong twice. I have to predict all kinds of stuff all the time, so it's an unfair comparison. Plus, I would never even try to predict something if you guys didn't pester me so much. Camping, on the other hand, took out billboard ads and printed T-shirts with his prediction. So the day you see a release date on a billboard or T-shirt, I should not be lumped into the same category as him. Plus, I'm going to be Raptured in October, therefore I don't care what you think anyway. Camping told me I'm on the list after I sent him $1000 a couple of months ago, so it must be true.

:)

Seriously, we will get the v1.01 patch out soon. We intended it to come out sooner but there's been a couple of significant things that came up in the last few weeks that we wanted in and they've taken a little longer than expected.

Steve

Will the new patch invalidate older version game saves? IOW, can we continue our campaigns started in unpatched v1.0 with patched v1.01?

Yes, but also yes, strangely enough! ;) Any saves that are made in the middle of a mission will not be playable in 1.01. However, if you are in the middle of a campaign, if you have a save that is made between missions, everything will work just fine. :)

Any saves that are made in the middle of a mission will not be playable in 1.01.

:eek:What? Tell me you are kidding. No saved games will work after installing the patch? That will be very inconvenient.

Please tell me that in progress PBEM games will work. At least if PBEM can continue I'll survive.

:eek:What? Tell me you are kidding. No saved games will work after installing the patch? That will be very inconvenient.

Please tell me that in progress PBEM games will work. At least if PBEM can continue I'll survive.

If CMBN is anything like CMSF, my experience is this. It is not guaranteed that save games started in one version will continue working in the other. However if you a save between missions in a campaign, that should carry over from one version to the other. Also while as said not guaranteed, most of the time it is possible to make games started in 1.00 compatible in 1.01 if you have a save game during either order phase (if I'm not mistaken, could be the other way around as well). Same is true for PBEMs, it is possible to convert them, just not guaranteed.

You can check the CMSF patch notes to for information.

Seriously, we will get the v1.01 patch out soon. We intended it to come out sooner but there's been a couple of significant things that came up in the last few weeks that we wanted in and they've taken a little longer than expected.

Steve

Ah, so you ARE going to include, per my suggestion, a 3D model of Jesse "The Body" Ventura carrying a minigun for the U.S. side. Let's see what "Ol' Painless" does to those Panthers.

<snip>It is not guaranteed that save games started in one version will continue working in the other.

<snip>

most of the time it is possible to make games started in 1.00 compatible in 1.01 if you have a save game during either order phase (if I'm not mistaken, could be the other way around as well). Same is true for PBEMs, it is possible to convert them, just not guaranteed.

OK so there is hope. I'll read the dos carefully when it comes out and coordinate with my PBEM opponents. Thanks for the information. I do have experience with saving a PBEM game during orders phase - because of RL interruption and then reopening it, finishing orders and moving on.

Thanks!

I resent that! Camping only had to predict ONE thing ONE time and he got it wrong twice. I have to predict all kinds of stuff all the time, so it's an unfair comparison. Plus, I would never even try to predict something if you guys didn't pester me so much. Camping, on the other hand, took out billboard ads and printed T-shirts with his prediction. So the day you see a release date on a billboard or T-shirt, I should not be lumped into the same category as him. Plus, I'm going to be Raptured in October, therefore I don't care what you think anyway. Camping told me I'm on the list after I sent him $1000 a couple of months ago, so it must be true.

:)

Steve

I, for one, is happy that you guys didn't get "raptured"..:D I know that sort of stuff is never going to happen to me (unless aliens want to dissect my liver to see why I am still alive), but I was bit worried about you guys.. ;)