Back from the modding grave: Juju's TweakedUI interface enhancement mod

Juju

Looking good - apart from the fact that the colors are a bit wrond and that technically the Sergeant Major was carrying the same insignia like the Master Sergeant: http://usarmyinsigniahomepage.110mb.com/wwii_era.html

Aaaand once again I've altered them. That's the third set in a row I've done. Anyway, the colors should now be period correct. Everybody happy now? ;)

BTW, I update the preview pic after every alteration I make, so it's always up to date!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all old grognard are eagerly waiting for more... eheheh!

But really: it seems that this time CMBN looks quite right, isn't it? If only we have some uniforms' sets to have a variety of Regiments, Divisions, Private Armies (Popsky, for one) or an expanded time period set, say from 1939 to 1945; and what about that Japanese Army?

... Oooops, here we go again, Modders! :D

I Salute You! Welcome back to all of us.

Cheerio!

I've just uploaded the mod to both the repository and GaJ's mods warehouse.

What started out as a simple weapon slot replacement 'quicky' rapidly exploded into a full interface overhaul, with over 400 files modded. I could tell you how many hours I put into those over the past two weeks, but you wouldn't believe me. ;)

Anyway, I hope you guys will be happy with the end result. I think you'll find that several interface elements are enhanced in a way that will give you better visual feedback to what you're seeing or doing with (or to) your units.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Happy gaming,

Juju

Here's the readme

- CONTENTS:

- Replacement files for all interface elements, unit portraits exluded. The included previews illustrate full details more efficiently than words can..

- HOW TO INSTALL:

- Place the "z_Juju's TweakedUI.brz" file in your "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Data\Z" folder. If this is your first mod and there is no "Z" folder in your "Data" folder, simply create one.

- HOW TO DELETE:

- Remove "z_Juju's TweakedUI.brz" from your "Z" folder.

- COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER INTERFACE RELATED MODS:

- Due to the naming of the .brz file the game's 'loading order' will ensure it takes priority over any and all other interface mods you may have installed, unit portraits exluded!

- Should you wish to remove elements from this mod manually, you'll find a comprehensive folder tree inside the .brz file. For full instructions on exploding and repacking .brz files please consult your CM:BN manual, page 151/152.

- GAME COMPATIBILITY:

- CM:BN only.

- BASED ON:

- Marco Bergman's Silhoutte mod.

- Juju's ModslutSmack for CM:AK.

- ISSUES:

- None.

- PROGRAM USED:

- Photoshop 7.

- THANKS TO:

- Marco Bergman, for letting me use the material from his Silhouette mod.

- Ed 'Tanks a Lot' Kinney and Chris 'Rambler' Baareman for testing and advice.

- DISCLAIMER:

- This texture set is released for free in-game use to the CM community. Alteration or modification to any of the files contained here in, and/or subsequent posting of this mod pack for download, is

okay as long as Marco Bergman and I are given credit.

Excellent mod Juju, thanks for sharing!

I found one small issue, your mod (and Marco's mod too) does not contains silhouette for SdKfz. 251/2 - file "silhouette sdkfz251-2.bmp".

That's probably because I used Marco's source material. If it wasn't in his, I wouldn't even know it should have been there. I tested on a map that had (AFAIK) every available unit in the game. Pity.

Edit: It's not even in the manual, I see.

'nother edit: I see why I missed this. In another thread it's explained you only get it when you buy a certain mortar platoon (The 251/2 is in the Mtr section fourth plt 5 Ko. in the Pz Grenadier Battalion), but you can't buy them individually. This leads me to believe the 250/7 could be missing too (same thing, comes with a mortar platoon). Can't check it right now, cos I'm at work.