Mod Request; No Wound Red Crosses

Mord

I was wondering if someone could create a mod that hides the crosses that pop up over the soldiers when they get hit. I have no way to edit alpha layers and don't know how any way. I am guessing it's not too much work...fairly simple? Anybody wanna step up and give this one a shot. I mostly want it for screen shots. They'd look a lot better if the crosses could be hidden.

Thanks!

Mord.

Mike - I think that only happens for friendly units (and, anyway, you could mod the flashing version of the icon to be identical to the normal one, which would mask any flashing)

Yep! Except maybe on low difficulty settings (I don't know, I haven't played on anything under Elite since the CMBN beta started), only friendly units flash when they take casualties.

• 2 years later...

I think the mod above is the MikeyD "bloody spot" mod.

Am sure there is a mod to replace the red cross as I get skulls now instead of red crosses. (Not near my game computer at present so can't check.)

I also recall a mod that does away with the red crosses and doesn't replace em with anything. "Eliminate the Red Cross" I think it's called.

I created my own blank icons for the fortifications, bunkers, obstacle and mines the first time I ever played.

In theory I thought them all fairly unnecessary and that I would benefit more (ie visually) from reducing potential icon clutter.

I've always wondered if I might be putting myself at a significant disadvantage - esp when playing H2H. Any thoughts?