Three campaigns not enough for you?

I thought not! :D

Coming soon to a Repository near you, I present: Devils' Descent, a campaign designed to immerse you as completely as possible into the role of an airborne company commander on D-Day. The campaign is based around an extensive narrative with characters based on real-life individuals to give them distinctive and believable personalities. Furthermore, you are given several choices throughout the campaign that can substantially alter the course of the action. There are two important notes that you should be aware of:

First, some of the characters in the narrative are based on people who swear like sailors. This campaign has some seriously M-rated language in it. If that bothers you, I suggest you avoid reading the narrative (which is easy, since it's all contained in the Designer's Notes).

Second, those of you who are aware of my CMSF work know that I imposed punitive casualty limits in my CMSF campaigns. I've gone the other way around here. You're an airborne company on D-Day; you're expected to take heavy casualties, so there is no penalty in any mission for taking heavy casualties. However, somewhat compensating for that is that there is NO replenishment. If, in your judgment, you took excessive casualties, you may wish to replay a mission in order to make later missions possible. Or not, it's up to you! :)

Please enjoy, and leave feedback in this thread or on the Repository! :)

-FMB

sweet campaign description. you got what you got. make it work.

Nice old school difficulty. No resting in the corner for your energy to refill before moving on.

---------------

for those that don't follow

that would be comparing the difficulty of new school FPS to old ones while simultaneously comparing old school 2D wargaming games to a lot of new ones. the rechargeable energy would be the reinforcements. I know.... heavy :)

Coming soon to a Repository near you, I present: Devils' Descent, a campaign designed to immerse you as completely as possible into the role of an airborne company commander on D-Day.

-FMB

Okay so now You are my personal hero. Was really looking hoping to see some folks churning out airborne scenarios - looking forward to it.

Looking forward to it, FMB. Will the campaign's battles have your own custom maps, or use the stock ones?

All my own maps, faithfully recreated from Google Earth. (In case you're wondering how I finished this so quickly, I started the campaign when the game was in early Alpha and there were almost no working scenarios to play! :D)

Glad to see some excitement for this--hopefully it lives up to everyone's expectations! :)

Very nice, I was hoping for a dedicated Airborne D-Day campaign. Will give this a go tomorrow, sounds very interesting.

Edit: Couldn't wait so I played the first mission, total victory with no losses and limited ammo consumption. A little crawling goes a long way on that one. I really like how you give us a meaningful choice on how to proceed in the next mission, something I hope to see in other campaigns (where applicable).

Which Division/Regiment will it be so we have an idea of what we're in for? I'm definitely interested :)

C Company, 1/508 PIR. Although be aware that the campaign is historically plausible but not historically accurate.

SPOILERS (that you may wish to read, Clavicula_Nox)

In other words, be aware that knowing what actually happened to C/1/508 PIR will not help you at all in the campaign. ;) I did pick C/1/508 PIR for a reason, which we can discuss later, or if you don't mind a substantial amount of the campaign being spoiled.

END SPOILERS

Figured I would start this one up and give myself a break from one of the other campaigns which I am extremely enjoying.

I'm on the third battle and have been having a blast. If all the campaigns turn out to be as fun as the two I have started I am going to be missing out on a lot of sleep.

Don't forget about your PBEMs ;)

C Company, 1/508 PIR. Although be aware that the campaign is historically plausible but not historically accurate.

SPOILERS (that you may wish to read, Clavicula_Nox)

In other words, be aware that knowing what actually happened to C/1/508 PIR will not help you at all in the campaign. ;) I did pick C/1/508 PIR for a reason, which we can discuss later, or if you don't mind a substantial amount of the campaign being spoiled.

END SPOILERS

Oh, no problem, I was just hoping you were writing for the 82nd and not the 101st, that's all. :)

Coming soon to a Repository near you, I present: Devils' Descent, a campaign designed to immerse you as completely as possible into the role of an airborne company commander on D-Day. The campaign is based around an extensive narrative with characters based on real-life individuals to give them distinctive and believable personalities. Furthermore, you are given several choices throughout the campaign that can substantially alter the course of the action. There are two important notes that you should be aware of:

First, some of the characters in the narrative are based on people who swear like sailors. This campaign has some seriously M-rated language in it. If that bothers you, I suggest you avoid reading the narrative (which is easy, since it's all contained in the Designer's Notes).

Second, those of you who are aware of my CMSF work know that I imposed punitive casualty limits in my CMSF campaigns. I've gone the other way around here. You're an airborne company on D-Day; you're expected to take heavy casualties, so there is no penalty in any mission for taking heavy casualties. However, somewhat compensating for that is that there is NO replenishment. If, in your judgment, you took excessive casualties, you may wish to replay a mission in order to make later missions possible. Or not, it's up to you! :)

-FMB

played it and very much enjoyed it :-) can see that a lot of time and effort went into it.

Played through a few more missions, loving it so far. The difficulty is just right, requiring some finesse and careful positioning but very rewarding when you get your guys in the right spots and unleash on every German in sight. The best thing is how we have meaningful choices between missions and plenty of flexibility in the missions themselves.

Just downloaded and played thru the first couple missions.I absolutely love this campaign.The second map was a ton of fun and very well designed.I give this one three thumbs up.Love how you make us decide on our next course of action,almost has an RPG feel to it.I was agonizing over my last decision and have spent the better part of an hour trying to decide if I made the right move.;):D

Just finished it, without spoiling anything I will say the ending is quite satisfying. I love how units that carry over in campaign missions retain their kill counts, some of my squads really racked up a high score.

Overall not too difficult of a campaign, I only lost 5-6 guys on each mission, but it was highly enjoyable and I loved the small unit tactics. Hope to see some more stuff like this.

Just finished it, without spoiling anything I will say the ending is quite satisfying. I love how units that carry over in campaign missions retain their kill counts, some of my squads really racked up a high score.

Overall not too difficult of a campaign, I only lost 5-6 guys on each mission, but it was highly enjoyable and I loved the small unit tactics. Hope to see some more stuff like this.

Excellent to hear, this is exactly what I was going for. Very glad you enjoyed it! :)