Barkmanns Corner

He he he, we almost simultaneously posted a similar thread about this battle. I destroyed all the shermans in the end, some with the panzerschrecks but most with Barkmanns Panther. Great battle! Most fun I've had since CM:BO eleven years ago. Yeeha!

That one is a hoot! The 2nd time I fired it up, I sent Barkmann straight up the road he's facing to see how much damage he could cause. He got immobilized early on, but was left in a perfect spot where he could see the road and the field to his left. He ended up causing 61 casualties and bagging 15 tanks. Had a couple close calls, usually when he'd turn the turret to bag some escaping crews and then a new tank would appear to the front, but he always pulled it out.

Any tips on how to use Panzerschreck teams? Barkmann is doing fine, but my infantry isn't very impressive so far.

Place them outside buildings and let them hide as long as possible. Give them a cover arc too. Let them ambush from behind buildings when the Shermans pass by.

I got owned! Totally owned as the Germans. I left my men more or less as I found them in the setup phase because I wasn't sure where the enemy armour would appear. Although my Panther took out 9 Shermans and inflicted numerous damage on men and morale I eventually succumbed to greater numbers - there seemed to be a never-ending flow of half tracks and tanks! I was also completely out-flanked on my left side - the AI simply encircled me from the rear!

A challenging scenario but one thing I definitely do NOT like is the way enemy tank crews will carry on the advance on foot once they have bailed and are injured/shocked! I lost two schreck teams to a single tank crewman with a machine gun! It was laughable actually. The shermans had decided to sit it out, and were quite happy to wait on the crest of the hill whilst a tank crew or two charged out in front with guns blazing!

That one is a hoot! The 2nd time I fired it up, I sent Barkmann straight up the road he's facing to see how much damage he could cause. He got immobilized early on, but was left in a perfect spot where he could see the road and the field to his left. He ended up causing 61 casualties and bagging 15 tanks. Had a couple close calls, usually when he'd turn the turret to bag some escaping crews and then a new tank would appear to the front, but he always pulled it out.

Not sure my game was bugged out or what. I moved Barkmann a couple of times then his tank stopped moving. Looked at the tracks and it was green.. No Bogged, or Immobilized item came up.. the tank just would not move. real weird. but I still managed to win. :)

All this talk about "Barkmans Corner" and no history fan has spotted or talked about one glaring mistakes about this scenario?!?? (Sorry Jaws, one of the best scenarios in the game for sure but I cannot wait any longer !).

I think they have said something in this thread. One thing is for sure... The tank commander is not in the Waffen SS... LOL (in game that is, because there is no waffen SS in the first release, so thats one huge mistake) Secondly I think the road Barkmann is on is all wrong... Pretty sure I saw the actual pictures online. there is a dirt road off of the main road where I believe Barkmann was in ambush.. Under a Large oak, that was a little ways down along a sloping hill, he had perfect view of oncoming traffic on the opposite side of the hill. Barkmann I believe was on the left side of the road at this junction. There were grenadiers around, but the scenerio all though good does not represent the actual location of where Barkmann was at I beleive.. from my readings and the map given.

Regardless of historical accuracy (of which I have no opinion). This is a really good scenario!

When I played it the first time I managed to get Barkmann's Panther imobilized in the fifth minute. Arghh. But in a good spot it turned out. Nothing got past the spot. Barkmann even had a decent overview of a flanking manouver could cause trouble for it and the Germans won.

On the L flank my guys hid behind a wall so effectively nobody spotted the shermans crossing the field until they were on top of the squads. Then instead of 'shrecking the Shermans to death, my guys surrendered! (I guess if there's a Sherman 5m away from you and facing you tend to panic). Barkmann turned his turret away from a Sherman nearby to attack some inf behind him and got a shell through the back of the turret. *sigh.

This one was a fun one. Barkmann killed alot of tanks before becoming immobilized. Only two allied tanks left when that happened. My infantry did well in this one. I had a few schreck kills and grenade barrages on Shermans that would rush right up to the yellow objective spots.