AT bunkers?

Can we put them into damaged buildings?

in CMSF you could put bunkers into a building, but they where worthless in there. they could not see out of the building.

for my Red Stream 120 scenario i tried to get it done but even with a knocked out building-wall they can not see out of the house, so it possible but not practical at all.

however you can place bunkers "hull down" with help of a trench(maybe no longer in CMBN as there are no trenches in the classical meaning) and you can place them in rubble. a hull down bunker in rubble is pretty though to take out compared to a bunker that just sits there.

I think he means can you put AT Guns into damaged buildings.

Not sure if CM:BN is modelled to that level but it would depend on the size of the gun, anything over the size of a Pak38 / 6lbr / 57mm I would think would be very hard to man handle which would preclude it being placed anywhere a vehicle can't tow it, or a very short easy push for the crew

More important would be the possibility of heavily dug in ATGs. Ritterkreuzträger Otto Riehs knocked out more than 10 soviet tanks from a forward slope position: the gun was dug in deep enough, that only the barrel was visible above ground. That makes a tiny target.

I think it would also add to realism, if there would be the option of moving ATGs quickly away from their positions and move them to prepared fallback-positions ("Stellungswechsel"). In CMx1 ATG-crews always were fast as snails and with survival rates like nailed down Kamikaze. :D

Funny, I don't think anyone has ever tried to put AT guns into bunkers in CM:BN! So I just tried and... no you can't. Off the immediate coast pillboxes become a very much secondary item. I tried Googling French pilbox locations and didn't get very far, though they apparently dot the English countryside like daisies.

In CM:BN, if you want to move an AT gun back from its current position, do the crew still spend the first 20 minutes turning it around or do they just ( now that they're modelled 1:1 ), step in front and push it backwards ?

I am curious about this as well. With the new spotting etc I would thinking use of AT guns etc would be a bit more useful, especially if you could reposition some. I recall the days of CMBB where you were lucky to take out one unit before the rest would borglike zone in on you with heaps of HE which made them a bit hard to use.

Funny, I don't think anyone has ever tried to put AT guns into bunkers in CM:BN! So I just tried and... no you can't. Off the immediate coast pillboxes become a very much secondary item. I tried Googling French pilbox locations and didn't get very far, though they apparently dot the English countryside like daisies.

Yeah, you see them everywhere in the south.

You can drop At guns into trenches. Not quite the same as yard-thick concrete I'll admit but FOW trenches supposedly lower hit probability to mimic below-ground earthworks. I'm not so sure about foxholes. You can place the gun among foxholes which your crew might appreciate. but I don't know if the gun itself recieves the same lowered hit probability got from trenches.

About Borg spotting of AT guns. Just last night I managed to lose three Shermans to an unseen AT gun. It wasn't til the game was over that I finally located the darned thing.

In CM:BN, if you want to move an AT gun back from its current position, do the crew still spend the first 20 minutes turning it around or do they just ( now that they're modelled 1:1 ), step in front and push it backwards ?

So any info on this from devs/beta-testers - or has no one actually tried it ?

Or ... game is so close to release that I will be able to try it out myself soon, oh so very sooooooooon ;)

The rules say: "Bunkers provide [...]. Some heavy weapons such as machineguns may be deployed within a bunker, and infantry units may enter and exit freely, but no vehicles are allowed in bunkers."

MG -> heavy weapon???

I think, that at least AT guns may be deployed in a bunker. Probably also some bigger guns...

It would be rather difficult to get a Pak40's muzzle brake through the pillbox firing slit, not to mention having to raise the weapon 2-3 feet off the ground. Plus they'd have to dismantle it to get it through the rear door. ;)Purpose-built Pak40 bunkers sound like something better suited fighting along the German border. If we twist someone's arm they might show up in a module though. I don't think anybody's asked. Who knows?

Can't remember which thread for the life of me, but Steve did respond not long ago about foxholes and AT guns. He said that they would protect the crew but not the gun. However, he also said that the gun (and crew) would be protected by a particular fortification in-game, I think it was a revetment or something similar, it escapes me at the moment.

Can't remember which thread for the life of me, but Steve did respond not long ago about foxholes and AT guns. He said that they would protect the crew but not the gun. However, he also said that the gun (and crew) would be protected by a particular fortification in-game, I think it was a revetment or something similar, it escapes me at the moment.

I believe it was in the WeGo VAAR thread, and he said it was Hedgehogs, initially, cos of being tired and emotional. I think he later recanted and corrected himself to say "Sandbag emplacement". The manual mentions fortifications.

I've read Siegfried lines was mostly a hastly new defensive line since most of it's heavy weapons had been transfered to the Antlantik Wall. But it was a defensive line no doubt...Just not a continious defensive line. In holland, they used also the 1930s defensive positions.