AT bunkers?

Many of the emplacements were sited for all around defence but yes they would be generally looking East not West, particularly when you look at the mutual support and depth layout.

I guess that is the main downside of fortifications, you can simply go where they are not and there isn't much they can do about it.

You can drop At guns into trenches. Not quite the same as yard-thick concrete I'll admit but FOW trenches supposedly lower hit probability to mimic below-ground earthworks. I'm not so sure about foxholes. You can place the gun among foxholes which your crew might appreciate. but I don't know if the gun itself recieves the same lowered hit probability got from trenches.

About Borg spotting of AT guns. Just last night I managed to lose three Shermans to an unseen AT gun. It wasn't til the game was over that I finally located the darned thing.

Sorry somehow missed your response...think it got buried in the "are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet" threads :P

That is outstanding to hear. That's exactly how they should work imo. :)

I don't think heavy fortifications were built anywhere else in France, but it would be fairly common to find bunkers made from trees in areas of importance. Doubt seriously if you would find any metal or concrete pillboxes or bunkers.

I don't think heavy fortifications were built anywhere else in France, but it would be fairly common to find bunkers made from trees in areas of importance. Doubt seriously if you would find any metal or concrete pillboxes or bunkers.

Yeah I was thinking the other day that if I was going to bed my AT gun down into a scrape with sandbags, I'd really want to try and find some overhead cover (a log roof, maybe) too. Though perhaps that wouldn't be as useful before the advent of airburst fuses.