When can we have the sub-forums?

Its just that there are snippets of tactical information, and controls, scenario design, and all that being mixed together currently.

AND can we have the Opponents wanted in the sub-forum for CM:bn as it is a long way down to scroll for noobies : ) And would overwhelm all the other people hoping to advertise for opponents. And save on people not mentioning what game they are talking about. etc.

I am Ok as I have many people to play but not everyone is as lucky.

I've never much liked multiple sub-forums. They always seem to suck the life blood out of the main forums. Might as well use this forum to discuss tactics, it might help drive away the trolls who only want to post about how 'broken' the game is because it lacks CMx1 aircraft ground shadows. ;) Maybe a s seperate scenarios/mods Repository uploads group to keep track of the influx of new goodies.

Lol, aren't you putting the cart ahead of the horse? :) The moderators can, though, move threads to new sub-forums when that happens. So for instance, if you want to start a tactics discussion now and hope it to be moved to the Strategy & Tactics sub-forum once it gets created, you could put a big TACTICS tag in the thread title to make it easy for the moderator to find.

Asking that question here on this thread might be! : )

But whilst you are here what is your view on sub-forums?

As to what was included on CMBO and CMBN I do not think it really makes much sense as we all know that there will be add-ons and improvements to come. CMBN has barely a fraction of CMBO troops.

I've never much liked multiple sub-forums. They always seem to suck the life blood out of the main forums. Might as well use this forum to discuss tactics, it might help drive away the trolls who only want to post about how 'broken' the game is because it lacks CMx1 aircraft ground shadows. ;) Maybe a s seperate scenarios/mods Repository uploads group to keep track of the influx of new goodies.

+1 Agree on sucking blood out of main forum.

In the old days I was inspired by mod makers and scenario designers in the main forum. This made me start to mods and design scenarios. I almost never looked into CMSF sub folders cause I didn’t followed it very much and when I peaked in it I got lost in the posts.

I still manage to check all post in the main forum atm and I agree to Krilly this forum will be civilized a few weeks after its release.

And I dont want the Peng Challange boredom the main topic of this forum :D

Is asking about features and weapons that were in CMBO but not in CMBN considered trolling?

Asking about features or asking for features if done in the proper manner and proper context is not considered trolling. Saying that the game is broken or worthless without feature xyz is not needed or welcome.

Everyone has their own opinions on what is necessary, just because CMBO had a certain feature doesn't mean that CMBN should have that feature as well. BF has a limited amount of resources and in the final analysis their opinion is the only one that matters as they have much more riding on the success of the game than anyone else.

Phuff! You CMSF beta-testers with your padded posting counts! And who havve only been around since 2007!. Us who remained faithful to the true game should not be scorned : )

SO does that include people looking for opponents??

I think you'll find Other Means has been around longer then 2007. His alleged join date is an oddity from when this forum got moved.

Lol, aren't you putting the cart ahead of the horse? :) The moderators can, though, move threads to new sub-forums when that happens. So for instance, if you want to start a tactics discussion now and hope it to be moved to the Strategy & Tactics sub-forum once it gets created, you could put a big TACTICS tag in the thread title to make it easy for the moderator to find.
I put the Whore in Front of the Car once,is this similar.(My Ex Wife):D

Actually I knew that : )

OM you are apparently 6 but I am sure they did not allocate them on IQ's. Elmar is 18!! And I am 3831. It is kind of itrritating to have lost a serious chunk of my posts also when they did the transfer.

Well I suppose I could count them again properly whilst we await the game :)

Edit Other Means

Hi.

Let me make my point then i'll introduce myself. I've just started playing & I've already got feature requests (really making friends here).

2003 October

Actually I knew that : )

OM you are apparently 6 but I am sure they did not allocate them on IQ's. Elmar is 18!! And I am 3831. It is kind of itrritating to have lost a serious chunk of my posts also when they did the transfer.

Well I suppose I could count them again properly whilst we await the game :)

Edit Other Means

2003 October

Damn fella, where'd you dig that up? Heh heh, nothing changed in eight years.

{edit}

Hang on, that doesn't sound right, I've been with the Mrs ten years and I was playing CM before that, proving, I think, that such a thing is possible.