A Quick Battle AAR: Shermans vs Pz IVs, Not Your Fathers Combat Mission

Thanks Bil

5502682176_8743d0f8f1_m.jpg

Kane,

Not sure if you got an answer already. This might help:

http://www.ditii.com/2011/03/06/imageshack-serving-frozen-frog-blocking-certain-countries/

It seems the issue is on Imageshack side, they ve banned most IP addresses other than US, Canada and Europe. Weird and bold move by them that is preventing many users around the world from seeing the pics... this may force many of those users to either go somewhere else for their pics or register!

Ok, Bil has been prodding me to write up something on First Contact. To be honest from my POV his tanks popped up pretty much where expected, like him I was concerned about my right flank.

I had all my armour on AA2 at this point but as we made contact I shifted all but two of my M10s to AA3 where I saw at least 3-4 PZ IVs and suspected I had already killed one.

I left 2 x M10s on AA2 in hull down positions to cover his approach on my right side.

My plan at this point was to close and engage the tanks to my front. My infantry were still plodding thru the trees at this point.

Yeah, in Sth Korea we only get the froggie, but if I right click on it (in firefox) and select 'view image' it rather annoyingly opens up the image only in my screen. But if I then backspace, the image shows up in text as it should.

This only works if I'm signed into imageshack, mind.

Unfortunately I have to repeat this procedure for every picture on the page.

So yeah, I too would appreciate an alternative to the once oh-so-favored imageshack.

5502682176_8743d0f8f1_m.jpg

Kane,

Not sure if you got an answer already. This might help:

http://www.ditii.com/2011/03/06/imageshack-serving-frozen-frog-blocking-certain-countries/

It seems the issue is on Imageshack side, they ve banned most IP addresses other than US, Canada and Europe. Weird and bold move by them that is preventing many users around the world from seeing the pics... this may force many of those users to either go somewhere else for their pics or register!

~Viajero

I just followed your link and registered on Photobucket. I have posted a close up picture of the QB battlefield. If you can see the photo then maybe Photobucket is the answer to this geographical censorship issue:

yellow20and20mauve20pansies.jpg

I'm going to look into the crew weaponry a bit and make sure it's balanced a bit better. In general all armored vehicles had access to at least one SMG. Heck, even up until the 1990s US Abrams had M3s strapped into their turrets.

ISTR reading that they also could have a carbine or two. Or did I just imagine that?

Michael