No post from Steve for 2 days ...

Ohh poor squirrel, was it given a proper burial? :eek:

Honestly, the folks down there, he was probably eaten.......it was you wasn't it??? Another candidate for FEMA re-edumication!!! Or is that PETA? Either way, get ready for a helicopter ride :D

Steve is in Tripoli. He was kidnapped by Kadafi. He wants him to make a wargame where he can actually control an army.

lol :) very good .... assuming he is happy to control squad level as opposed to each man :) ... wonder how he copes with the "gamey" edge of the Mediterranean problem :)

Did I say “Earth months”? I’ll let you do the math to work out what a Neptunian month is.

Per chance i googled Neptunes months and found Operation Neptune :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191200/Operation-Neptune-After-14-months-planning-156-000-men-landed-German-held-beaches-Normandy-.html

Did you subconsciousness or consciously select the planet Neptune for your retort ? ... uncanny none the less.

Heh... funny stuff :)

I live out in the boonies and only got the chance of broadband 3 years ago. I'm getting a single off a hill from what is basically a wide area broadband network. This is the worst interruption I've had due to weather in all that time. It's not as bad as the winter of 97/98, but it's not good either.

Things are much better now for my internet, but my truck radio is down for the count. A sheet of ice slid off my truck roof and sliced off my antenna at the base. And it's not like we get a lot of strong radio signals out here as it is!

Steve

LoL, the weather up here has been CRAP!!! We cant even have RAIN without something bad happening. We had 3.5" of rain and 2 feet of snow melt off in one day, so there was a ton of flooding throughout the state (Which Steve lives in as well :P ) AND, a squirrel jumped on some power lines down by Kittery and killed power to almost 10,000 people!!! Maine is a strange place, too close to Canada I reckon ;)

HAH! We had a squirrel incident a number of years ago. This one got into a substation transformer and blew the whole thing. Fried up a lot of people's TVs and computers too.

At least it was a change from the usual case where a tree comes down on the lines or some idiot thinks he knows how to use a chainsaw. The last major moron incident caused an outage for three towns for nearly a day because he ran away without telling anybody and the power company couldn't find the break because it was out in the middle of nowhere. Silver lining on that was it was the last straw for that line and they moved it to be along a road instead of going through 5 miles of uninterrupted forest.

Steve

Did I say “Earth months”?

I’ll let you do the math to work out what a Neptunian month is.

Well...might depend on which of Neptune's moons you choose to determine the "Neptunian month." I quick check of Wikipedia shows:

The shortest "Neptunian month" would be ~8 Earth hours (Naiad).

The longest "Neptunian month" would be ~25 Earth years (Neso).

A "Neptunian month" based on the orbit of Triton (probably the most famous of Neptune's moons) would be a little under 6 Earth days.

I hope we're not waiting for the longer period months...

Did I say “Earth months”?

I’ll let you do the math to work out what a Neptunian month is.

I'd venture that's roughly as long as many of us have been waiting for CMx2 to return to WWII ;)