Still no word on CM:N?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering they originally planned to have it out around Xmas time means I am having major withdrawals.

I have purchased CMSF with both the marines and british forces modules, but I have to say that I have grown a little tired of the hand of god like weapons.

Please dont get me wrong, I think Battlefront are AMAZING!!! (yes I really did need capitals to emphasize that). These guys are making the sort of games I could only dream about growing up.

Basically, the shift back to Normandy and WW2 cannot come quick enough for me. Here is to many a long hour spent handing the Allies a can of whoop-ass on in the Normandy countryside.:D

If they have announced CM:A for Q2 and have not said anything official yet for CM:N, then don't expect anything before Q3. I'm not saying it can't come out before then, just don't expect it. For all I know they could announce something tomorrow.

I have understood that the CM:A is developed by different company, but it is published by Battlefront, so that shouldn't affect too much CM:N development.

If they would just open the Normandy forums and throw us some juice bones to chew on for starters... That could help me to live through the next few months. There's far too much sand in my boots, pants, mouth, ears and eyes after CMSF and the modules. As much as I appreciate their effort and brave choise in the modern warfare theater, I am not enjoying CMSF anywhere near as much as I enjoyed CMx1 and especially CMBB.

I continue my support and buy all those modern modules too in the hope to enjoy something as amazing as CMx1 was once more. Before you say "why don't you just play the old games?" Well, time really flies in the 3d technology and I am a 3d graphic artist myself. The CMx1 titles just look a tad too ugly nowadays.

It's funny that I played Close Combat CoI just few days ago and it sill looked quite ok. Secondly, I really like the new engine and it's possibilities. I just wish the WEGO-system would be they way it was in CMx1. It was very very VERY important part of the CMx1 success. For me at least.

I have understood that the CM:A is developed by different company, but it is published by Battlefront, so that shouldn't affect too much CM:N development.

Oh really?!

Then why are we doing what we are doing (namely working on three titles - Afghanistan / NATO / Normandy [NOT listed in any special order apart from alphabetical])?

To put gibsonm's post perhaps a little more clearly, while Snowball is handling a fair deal of CM:A, the BFC people also have a good deal of work to do on it. In other words, BFC didn't just give Snowball the game engine and say, "here, go, we'll publish it when you think it's ready without any input on our part." ;)

BF doesn't believe in foreplay, it's gotta be all or nothing.

Then what was that un-playable steaming pile that was the first release of CM:SF? I can still taste the disappoint, despite the countless beers that I have poured down my throat to wash the pain away.

I am marking CM:N up there with Big Foot and non-partisan politics........things that don't f-ing exist.

Then what was that un-playable steaming pile that was the first release of CM:SF? I can still taste the disappoint, despite the countless beers that I have poured down my throat to wash the pain away.

I am marking CM:N up there with Big Foot and non-partisan politics........things that don't f-ing exist.

Haha, hopefully the release of CMN will be much more, standing-ovation-like and not the shaking-heads-like that CMSF was. ;)

Mike, it's been three years. Could you find in your power to get over it? The whys and wherefores have been gone over countless of times. What further mea culpa were you looking for? Sjeez!

I do admit, the spectacular slide of CM:N down the calender has been disconcerting to see. As is the knowledge that several features haven't even been programmed yet.

Oh well, better done right then right now, and all that.

Here's a real question: the guys who made the Brits module, what are they working on now? Since I'm assuming that NATO and CMN is being worked on only by BF. And obviously Afghanistan is being built by the Russian guys Snowball, with of course help from BF.

Um sorry but "the guys who made the Brits module" were BFC.

Or are you referring to some 3rd Party campaign that uses the Brit Module?

Mike, it's been three years. Could you find in your power to get over it? The whys and wherefores have been gone over countless of times. What further mea culpa were you looking for? Sjeez!

You are right. How terrible of me! We have nothing to be concerned abou......oh wait, what was this?

I do admit, the spectacular slide of CM:N down the calender has been disconcerting to see. As is the knowledge that several features haven't even been programmed yet.

Now you were saying?

The reason CMSF was subpar on release is because they had to release it earlier then they wanted to. This time they are able to work on the game at their own pace and will take the time necessary to get it finished. Whining about the delay won't get it done any faster or make the game any better. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but the last I heard they were getting ready to code the new QB system, and then the game and scenarios/campaigns needed testing. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran into a few roadblocks with the QB system and it is taking longer than expected. Plus they are juggling CMA and NATO at the same time. The great thing about BFC being their own publisher is that they can take as long as they need to get the game done correctly. The other side is the coin is that they do take a long time.

Uhm, pretty sure the Brits got done by BFCs second eleven.

Well as far as I know there's only one team (unless the "second eleven" comment is a pun).

The same people who worked on CM:SF also worked on USMC, also worked on UK, are also working on NATO and are also working on Normandy (there is only one Charles, one Steve, one Moon, et al).

These guys are also involved (albeit to a lesser extent) with the Afghanistan product too.

Certainly some of the Beta Testers may have changed (being unpaid volunteers, something called "Life" tends to interfere from time to time).