Still no word on CM:N?

That is not option anyway for the cheese-heads given our mighty fleet of 4 (four!) operational Eurofighters!

Best regards,

Thomm

Well at the moment we didn't sell all our F-16's yet, although they will probably soon be replaced by the JSF (JointSpliffFighter). Of which some say it is only good at bombing our defence budget. But that's a whole different discussion.

Namely, we do have a lot of clog marching heavy cheese throwers and we also have a lot of cheese. This leaves plenty of room for carpet bombardments of your fragile few edelweiss plants. I'm sure the French would lend us one of their more chemical or biological cheese bombs. I bet edelweiss has nothing against that! Heck it would all be so much easier if you would just send the bloody CM:N disc! :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we have joints and spliffs here, makes the wait less long and makes you forget about how much you have spend :)

I feel that the JSF for the Dutch AirForce is like a surrogate of the toy they have always wanted: the F-22. For what we need a Russian mig at half the price would be more then enough. Furthermore the Russians would happily let us make it ourselves, probably.

However the ones making decisions must have *some* incentive to go for JSF's, I don't see it.

One of our local lobbyists for the Eurofighter (Mensdorff-Pouilly) recently got arrested in London on charges of "conspiracy to corruption". BAE systems, a company in the Eurofighter consortium, quickly paid a total of € 400 MILLION in fines for corruption offenses in several countries, which magically caused the charges against MR. Mensdorff-Pouilly to be dropped.

Make of that what you will...

Wait, how did we get distracted by military procurement malfeasence? Let's properly focus here on desperate longing for CM:N and mild doses of acrimony in reaction to the delays and unknown (even a hazy estimate) release date.

I appreciate Battlefront doesn't have a full time staff member focused on PR / Marketing efforts, but the lack of info is frustating.

I'm just excited for the game. As Pvt. Ryan suggested, it feels like Q3 would be the earliest possible release. But I don't know and I don't know if anyone knows.

:-(

i reckon June 6th...

Or maybe april 21st which will be my birthday and the Queens so as to honour HRH with a humble ww2 game.

Q3 seems a bit extreme though as it was hinted it might be done around christmas. Not that im complaining, personally im more interested in NATO which doesnt seem to get the same attention as CMN from this forum like it should, i mean this is th shock force forum right?

i reckon June 6th...

Or maybe april 21st which will be my birthday and the Queens so as to honour HRH with a humble ww2 game.

You might want to rethink that.

The Sovereign isn't "HRH" she is "HM" (she is "senior" to mere HRH's - that's what you call Princes and Princesses). :)

Anyway if you want a date 31 OCT 2014 is as good as any.

Yes its a "pluck" but so is any other date that appears here.

actually when i was typing it, i wrote her royal highness then abbreviated it halfway through because im lazy. I didnt know I was being graded. Why do people in this forum always like to analyse/dissemble every word someone else says? who even cares? :(

Im going to go away and stare at those NATO pics of the Leopard with a tear in my eye now

actually when i was typing it, i wrote her royal highness then abbreviated it halfway through because im lazy. I didnt know I was being graded. Why do people in this forum always like to analyse/dissemble every word someone else says? who even cares? :(

Well normally people try and read what people post as they assume that the person writing it has something to say.

If its not worth writing then some would ask why post it?

On a more serious note I care because my Oath of Enlistment says in part "to serve and defend Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, her heirs and successors ...".

My Commission says in part "Granted by Her Majesty ..."

My Job (and the job of my soldiers) is to protect the Sovereign, so it is important to me that she is addressed by her correct title of Her Majesty.

Oh and of course a few years ago your "being lazy" would have had you in court. :D

Well normally people try and read what people post as they assume that the person writing it has something to say.

If its not worth writing then some would ask why post it?

On a more serious note I care because my Oath of Enlistment says in part "to serve and defend Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, her heirs and successors ...".

My Commission says in part "Granted by Her Majesty ..."

My Job (and the job of my soldiers) is to protect the Sovereign, so it is important to me that she is addressed by her correct title of Her Majesty.

Oh and of course a few years ago your "being lazy" would have had you in court. :D

All of what you have just written has basically underlined what I just said - people *need* to relax a bit on here when someone writes something.

Im sorry I really dont mean to be rude but this is a website for a computer game? Right? Nothing official or to do with HM Government or anything, but an INFORMAL website to do with a computer GAME. So, how I refer to the old bird is MY choice. All this because I wrote the wrong letters.

Can we leave it at that and get back to our collective moaning/pining about when NATO and Normandy are coming out?

im with Roadiemullet - shes my queen too and i should be allowed to call her what i like, i damn well pay for her houses and cars and planes and boats and trains and 'business' trips to Australia and New Zealand!!

Coupled with that - this is probably the freshest source of whingeing about a release date and getting people to maybe even suggest a date might happen in this thread - and i want to find this gem, this nugget of info, and it ought not to be buried in rubbish about the Dutch air force (snigger) or the Queen.

And wheres our damn forum????

Damn Afghans get one, mutter, mutter , mutter

I'd rather have some chicken nuggets now! lol

There will be a sticky forum post at least when release dates are announced. No need for asking it in thin air.

Well if you really want a date just calculate the best educated guess. Find out all BF's game release date and announce date. Calculate the average distance between those two, I bet you will have the release date within two standard deviations.

Talking about a certain queen is of similar 'value' as pondering about the unknown dates is.

One thing I would like to ask you, now we are talking about the necessity of knowing a certain point in time, albeit this knowledge won't bring you anything merely tangible: If you are ever so unlucky having to take the bus, do you look at the timetable on the bus stop (supposing your country has them)?

I always find that a remarkable thing, people looking at the bus timetables even if they have not other option then taking the next bus and waiting in the same bus stop. 'Knowing' when something will come upon which you have no influence, won't make the wait any shorter. On top of that you are only more frustrated when said bus won't be in time according to schedule.

Hence, the sorrow times I ride the bus I tend not to look at the timetable. Happily not knowing when the pool of misery will arrive to pick me up ;)

Similarly I don't really try to care about when CM:N is released. One day it will happen and it will be a nice surprise that day. Any energy invested thrilling myself about something to come is better invested in something I have in hand :) That way I can't really be disappointed either about any delays.

Sorry for my far off topic stories but I had to ask this :)