Hi all

hey all, im new(ish) to these forum's, after recently buying CM:SF, i thought i would call in and say hello, i used to love reading the hints tips and discussions on here a few years ago when i played CM 1,2 and 3 a lot, and it looks like i have a lot of catching up to do, well, take care, and maybe ill see one or two of you online for a mp game??

welcome, I've often told my friends this, once you go cmx2 you will never go back to anything else. you will see what i mean once you play shock force for a while and then try to play other game. in your mind you will think, how would this look in shock force or i can a better map on the editor.

good luck, try the repository for a ton of player created scenario's.

good luck

My wife, Mishga, makes scenario's for people if they drop her an email or a private message. Outline any particular scenario you want to see, if you cannot find it elsewhere ofc, and she will customise something.

Saying that the editor is pretty easy to use once you get into it so you should be churning out your own battles pretty quick.

So was my post. :) Why does everyone think I'm being serious all of a sudden? This happened in another thread a couple of days ago.

Oh ok kool, don't hesitate to use the smilies more often then. I know I gotta since most of my posts are pointless, meaningless, and are often just plain lame attempts at jokes.

But hey, I'd rather try to get laughs than never having tried at all. Yes I know, these are great words of wisdom, feel free to use it as a sig.:P

so can you guys advise me on what mods i ought to try??

there is a lot on cmmods to look through, im already becoming addicted, just like i was with CMBB when i first played that, im thinking about CM:SF all the time now......grrrr

Hi r3spent,

Welcome to the forum. Here's a mod you can download if you like. All files created by Birdstrike but I've done some configuration work on them to give a nice variety of uniforms and equipment to the Syrian side. Caution: the files are pretty huge!

Syrian RagTag Base

Syrian Ragtag Uniforms

Put both files in your "Z" folder and get ready for some stunning looking Syrian troops.

'Must have mods' are subjective since they are largely a personal taste issue.

That said, I found all mods by Scipio are fantastic but 'must have' would be: Scipios sihouettes

Scipios weapon icons

Scipios weapon icons with red crosses.

For the Syrians, Mord's mods are great so look for:

Mord's Allah's army sound mod

Mord's Syrian fighters

Mord's Unit portraits

I don't recall the name but there is a 'bases' mod which change the colored bases for figures to more descriptive shapes (red cross for wounded, skull and crossbones of dead, etc).