Brit Module update

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the British do indeed hold the mortar at the correct angle, but as the 51mm mortar has a maximum range of 800m, it isn't that much of a problem.

The vehicle in screenshot 8 is indeed a Spartan. Looking at real world vehicles, the bar armour quickly ends up like that on the basis that:

1) it adds another 30cm plus to the vehicle on each side

2) The drivers can't really see much.

Thought you might all enjoy this documentary from BBC Wales following the Queen's Dragoon Guards (QDG).

Very good for getting looks at the areas in and around the Green Zone and the weapons systems used by the QDG

(Available in HQ)

Frontline: Afghanistan part 1

Frontline: Afghanistan part 2

Frontline: Afghanistan part 3

Frontline: Afghanistan part 4

Frontline: Afghanistan part 5

Frontline: Afghanistan part 6

This was on BBC Wales on Thursday night, I'm not sure how accurate it all is but I found it good, extensive use of Mastiffs and Jackals too.

Shows well, how in light combat, casualties mount up with suppressive fire without you ever seeing the enemy.

This is what CMSF still lacks, suppressive response and a lot of it. Not just one squad firing for 1 minute at recent contact, but the whole company until the threat either shifts or blows up.

No problem Fighting Seabee. I think the QDG are supposed to operate the Scimitar recce tank for 20th Armoured Brigade but decided to switch to Mastiffs and WMIKs sometime in the last two years just for Afghanistan so they could be more mobile and interact with the local populace.

Nice PDF Document about British Forces

Lists only 60 mm mortar, though.

Best regards,

Thomm

Yeah, and the description of the M6-895 mortar says that it is replacing the 51mm mortar and is currently in service in Afghanistan. Also of note is that it can be used in the direct and indirect fire roles, unlike the 51mm which is mostly direct.

I think we will have to wait until after CM: Normandy before we get on-map mortars that are capable of indirect fire in a CMx2 game, though.