Normandy Voice Wavs

I kind of miss the voice files from CMBO/AK with the more colorful chat and even swearing. Some were even funny, like the "burn you mother" ;) when hitting a tank, while others were quite informative about enemy forces, like "Panzers! etc. In comparison CMSF voices seem a bit repeative and uninspired imo. Will we hear some new refreshing or even humorous random chatter in Normandy? Would be cool if allied soldiers scream "Tiger Tiger!" upon seeing a PzIV or using some argo of the era for instance.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CMSF voices seem a bit repeative and uninspired imo

Just yesterday I was playing "Hold the Line" and several times heard "Sarge, we've spotted enemy units!" said by adjacent units almost simultaneously so that it sounded like it was in stereo. lol

Overall, I agree. The CMx1 voice files were more varied and expressive.

• 11 months later...

Thought it might be a good time to resurrect this short thread.

I hope that new voice files will be created for Normandy, and not just a rehashing of the same lame files in English that were brought over into CMSF.

Might seem like a minor issue after all the extensive discussions on VT fusing, the Mp-44, rounds skipping across the terrain and the like, but the voice files are there all the time and certainly contribute to total game immersion.

Fear not, the Yanks will have all new audio cues! BFC really invested in this and has hired voice talents from all corners of USA. This means that the G.I's have two thick accents, either from Texas or Harlem.

Unfortunately this meant that the budget for German voices had to be slightly cut. In practical terms this means that they speak Arabic, but players are unlikely to notice this (in fact, most players will probably want to modify the Germans to speak English like in CMBB).

Harlem? That's about a war too soon. Texas, Alabama, and Brooklyn supplied all the front line soldiers for WW II. Oh, and there was always one blond kid from Iowa who gets killed in the second reel.

:D

Michael

You're forgetting the American Indians. One in each squad who would be used to threaten the captured German soldiers with scalping in order to get them to talk.

You're forgetting the American Indians. One in each squad who would be used to threaten the captured German soldiers with scalping in order to get them to talk.

There weren't enough to put one in every squad, not even in a Hollywood flick. It was more like one per platoon. But he was always very good with a knife. He usually got killed later in the pic.

Michael

There has to be one Bronx NY accent to provide wise-cracking comic relief.

And there has to be one guy whose name ends in "-ski". :P

Gut schuss?

(can't be bothered to find all the umlats and stuff)

"Guter Schuss" = good shot.

Sorry, no umlauts until you get to the plural: "gute Schüsse", good shots. :D