Any one planning on getting the Brits that didn't get the Marines?

Sequoia

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm Maybe this is wrong thread, but would it be possible to add few fictional ad hoc formations to Syrians. SF with BMPs and T-90, Airborne with NVGs etc. Sort of all-stars dream formations capable to perfom well 24/7 (menaing that they have maximum night operation capacity and also organic vehicle support). I can do it now aswell, but they don't share same chain of command, which seriously hamppers their capability to share infomation. And they are harder to control, when vehicles and squads are from seperate batallions.

I really miss that there is no really competent opponent from RED, escpacely in quick battles. Ofcourse it's bit gamey, but that shouldn't require much effort to include in game as all men and vehicles are already in, basically just new kind formations. Like Dream ATGM-platoon, Dream mech company, Dream armored batallion etc. BIG Pleeeease :)

I really miss that there is no really competent opponent from RED

I've suggested before that people could import their favorite QB map into the editor, cherry-pick units, up the skill level as high as you like, then resave as a proper scenario in the scenarios folder. The selected units would use the QB map's generic AI orders. You want to see Humvees vs T90s? Add the units to a QB map then give it as spin! :D

I've suggested before that people could import their favorite QB map into the editor, cherry-pick units, up the skill level as high as you like, then resave as a proper scenario in the scenarios folder. The selected units would use the QB map's generic AI orders. You want to see Humvees vs T90s? Add the units to a QB map then give it as spin! :D

Or take the small effort (Mark Ezra style) and create a super simple briefing and now you have a scenario. QB is FUBAR and in my eyes the only way to go is create a head to head scenario using the great maps the community created and now are wasted because so few people even use the QB system because it is, well...sh*te. Great maps out there that need some TLC.

Well, problem more is that they don't share information as they are basically from completely different formations in the first place, another being seperate SF company while anoter is from seperate Airborne company.

Also handling them is like rusty knife, without handle, if they don't become in same platoon. that because they are not highlighted when i click on one unit of platoon... which is major reliever for my brain, when i'm organizing my manuvers. I like to keep things organized and shiny (not including my house... Or car... Or myself).

Sure it's not big problem, but... Well... Uh... Maybe i'm bit spoiled brat.

But Marines module also has T-90 and BMP-3. And British module alone won't have them.

So, personally, I don't know what fun is that using 21-st century british equipment against 60-s era BMP's and tanks?

Could someone clarify if the British Forces pack will also have the T90, BMP-3 etc? If not, please help me understand why the Marines module has them and costs $25 and the British Forces doesn't have then and still costs $25! :confused:

I was really looking forward to this add on and don't own the Marines one.

Could someone clarify if the British Forces pack will also have the T90, BMP-3 etc? If not, please help me understand why the Marines module has them and costs $25 and the British Forces doesn't have then and still costs $25! :confused:

It won't, sorry. There isn't much to understand in it. If you want the stuff that is in the Marines module, you will have to buy the Marines module. The British module will anyway have more than a couple of new vehicles to play with, so it is definately going to be worth every penny.

The USMC module has some decent Red armour - T90 that can face the M1 on a more equal footing. Also Red gets the BMP3 which whilst it still has all the armour of a cornflakes packet (like the BMP2) does have some nasty on-board armaments. I think recent user made scenarios have taken advantage of this when designing scenarios.

Can somebody confirm or deny that some Red vehicles will be removed in the British module?

Do I understand correctly that the Brit Module will not have any new units for the Syrians?

What should be added, Syrian traffic police? Simply put, BFC did too thorough a job building the Syrians first time out for much more of significance to be added. Including T90 and BMP-3 in Marines was a bit of a stretch though the Syrians were reported to be shopping for the first and had taken deliverly of about 100(?) of the second. Adding the T80 would be a lot of model building & skinning for little more than a T72 TURMS duplicate. Exotic stuff like AAA batteries would take a LOT of single-purpose coding & animating for weapons that wouldn't survive 3 minutes in a real-world front line battle. Yes, we could think of all sorts of crazy modern Russian equipment to add, but we might just as well include phaser pistols and light sabers while we're at it. :rolleyes:

Can somebody confirm or deny that some Red vehicles will be removed in the British module?

I don't think Other Means answered the question you were asking.

Nothing will be removed in the Brit module. Everything you have have now you will have in the Brits. So if you have the base game you will have all the Red units in that. If you have the base game and the Marines you will have all of the Red units in both of them.

What should be added, Syrian traffic police? Simply put, BFC did too thorough a job building the Syrians first time out for much more of significance to be added. Including T90 and BMP-3 in Marines was a bit of a stretch though the Syrians were reported to be shopping for the first and had taken deliverly of about 100(?) of the second. Adding the T80 would be a lot of model building & skinning for little more than a T72 TURMS duplicate. Exotic stuff like AAA batteries would take a LOT of single-purpose coding & animating for weapons that wouldn't survive 3 minutes in a real-world front line battle. Yes, we could think of all sorts of crazy modern Russian equipment to add, but we might just as well include phaser pistols and light sabers while we're at it. :rolleyes:

Oh I don't know..maybe a freaking civilian vehicle other than the same truck and cab. Syrian transports??? Because you know all the soldiers in Syria ride around in cabs and pickups when their APC's aren't available. Maybe a few flavor objects until Normandy comes out? Actually the possibilities are quite endless and not all of them require a huge amount of coding. I suppose my original post wasn't clear when I said units, it could include any number of things. Not to mention if you add more, you are more likely to sell more copies. As it stands this isn't going to sell like Marines. And from a business point of view, the effort to add a few items to make the game sell better seems like a win win situation although it would take more time. I know we are a demanding audience, but it's hard to understand why they can't mod a civilian car and give it out on their website(Many people would do this for free I am sure) if they aren't going to include anything in new modules other than the core units for that module. As for phasers..I wasn't aware the Syrians had this technology yet. And we all know only Jedi have light sabers. I was not aware of any Syrian Jedi's, Sith or otherwise.

Oh I don't know..maybe a freaking civilian vehicle other than the same truck and cab. Syrian transports??? Because you know all the soldiers in Syria ride around in cabs and pickups when their APC's aren't available. Maybe a few flavor objects until Normandy comes out?

A Syrian lorry of some description would be nice, especially if it could carry lots of ammo and ammo for machine guns.

Actually the possibilities are quite endless and not all of them require a huge amount of coding.

And you know this how?

I suppose my original post wasn't clear when I said units, it could include any number of things. Not to mention if you add more, you are more likely to sell more copies.

I seem to remember that Steve mentioned that CM:BB, with vastly more units, did not sell as much as CM:BO

As it stands this isn't going to sell like Marines. And from a business point of view, the effort to add a few items to make the game sell better seems like a win win situation although it would take more time.
Would it make it sell better though? Would that effort be worthwhile?

I know we are a demanding audience, but it's hard to understand why they can't mod a civilian car and give it out on their website(Many people would do this for free I am sure) if they aren't going to include anything in new modules other than the core units for that module.
If it is hard to understand, why do so many people feel justified in speaking from authority about decisions regarding processes, effort and economics that they lack pertinent information on?

As for phasers..I wasn't aware the Syrians had this technology yet. And we all know only Jedi have light sabers. I was not aware of any Syrian Jedi's, Sith or otherwise.
Jedi, or those with an insufferably high opinion of their own swordsmanship. Syria doesn't have Phasers. It doesn't have T-80s either.

Thanks, MikeyD, for a slightly flamboyant 'no' in answer to my question :).

The traffic police might actually be a good idea - traffic in these Middle East countries is so confusing anyway, and to add to that all the traffic lights in the game seem not to work....I find it such a drag to micromanage my vehicles at intersections, cover arc left, cover arc right, cover arc left again, then go if all clear. Makes for some regular NYC-style jams I can tell you, and my M1A1 sightseeing buses are so easy for those impolite RPG teams to pick off while they're attempting to be law-respecting tourists...

Seriously though, I really don't know what BF might add to the Syrian force mix. I'm no military grog. But I'm betting there are a few things that the Syrians actually have, or might at least likely have, that aren't in the game yet. Someone said trucks, for example. I bet those exist...what about regular army Jeeps for fast transport of small units? What about Jeeps with MGs in the back? Or does the Syrian army actually use white Toyota pickups for that purpose?

Don't tell me that kind of stuff wouldn't be useful and realistic to have in the game. And anyway, I wasn't asking for anything, just asking what the plan is. And I certainly wasn't asking for T-80s, AA guns, Scuds, phasors, lightsabers, exploding coconut bombs, automatic pickled fig launchers, or, well, traffic police. Even though I'm sure all of those would be totally rad. As would be a top-mounted brailer for tanks to catch incoming Javelins (which would also cast a really cool shadow on the tank at noon). I mean it's not like Syrians don't fish, so use what's there already....

I will, however, repeat my urgent wish for the Syrian sniperette in the quad-lippizzaner-drawn Harley Fat Boy with gold-plated wheels, with a pink coiffed mine poodle in the sidecar, and Xena-style body armour (the sniperette, not the poodle, that is).

Best Regards

Anybody confirm if there will be some kind of a combo deal with Marines+Brit packs together? IIRC Moon mentioned that there will be, not sure though. I'm thinking maybe $25 Marines + $25 Brits = $50 = combo deal $40.

There are no plans to do this. We have a bundle of base game + Marines, but we are not planning a Marines+Brits bundle at this point.

Back to the original question.

The marines are Ok, but not a huge leap forward over the Army. Ive actually gone back to playing more with the Army as a lot of the time the Marines are just too powerful infantry wise.

If you dont want to do both Id say get the brit as if anything you will get another nation complete with different weapons and vehicles.

The marines doesnt bring that really, you get the Lav and the AAV, but all else remains the same. Even the much vaunted T-90 and BMP-3 arent that much of a leap over the base games vehicles.

Of course you can always get the marines later. I do think its a wee bit eyebrow raising though to not include the new Syrian vehicles with the brits.

My question is this.

If Ive got the Brit pack and want to play someone with the Marines pack and original in a scenario that has BMP-3's, what happens? In fact, this might happen now I suppose, so what do I do if I havent got the marines but someone designs an Army scenario with a T-90 in it.

Will it load? Should Army designed scenarios with T-90's etc be called USMC-Army ones?

Seems like it could get very confusing.

Also if we can bring in NATO countries, why not have Russia? As the whole game is an exercise in ficticious what if, then what if Russia appears in Syria. This seems as plausible as Germany being there.

Cheers..............