Peng Challenges the Oddstralians to Make Good

Leeo

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been doing that in these parts too for a month or so. Crows don't usually flock together all that much, so it has been kind of strange to see them suddenly doing it a lot now. A couple of weeks ago I walked out and there must have been twenty or thirty of them sitting in the trees of my yard. They weren't doing anything, not flitting about, not making any noise. Just sitting there as if they were in a bus station or something. Odd. Almost eerie one might say.

Well they do gather down here. In fact I recall with some mirth the big flock that used to gather in the gum trees just outside the old-peoples home in Melton.

Of course they'd caw and call about 7am in the morning - and I couldn't help but chuckle about the poor people in the twilight of their years having to put up with all the noise at that time of the day. <g>

It's never a pleasure to be associated with you lot, but I STILL wish you a happy period of feasting on various forms of fowl, grazers, vegetables, or whatever it is you guys eat that makes you so "special".

Steve

And the Goddess bless you too, Steve, and I hope the Hogfather brings you something armoured. Not street-legal, as such, but maybe with a bit of a 20mm or such. Something that will make the neighbours sit up, take notice, and walk right.

You live in the northern arse of New England, don't you? The East Coast, but still wild enough that you can be human beings, and get away with a bit of weirdness? I read somewhere that it's called 'Maine'.

And we're not 'special', young man. We're what 'normality' becomes when it grows up and no longer feels the need to impress people with how 'special' we are. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and used it to wipe up the vomit/blood/urine/etc sort of thing.

I like to think that we're... where Normality goes to die. Safe, and understood, and comforted. A warm clasp of a hand, a nod and a good word, a pat on the shoulder and a 'you've done well, mate'.

People who proclaim weirdness, and caparison themselves in it as though they were going to a Renaissance Festival or a Fan-Boy Convention, usually end up spending their declining years playing golf and doing sudoku puzzles, and wondering if buying a better quality vodka will make them less angry at the next neighbourhood association meeting.

Crows don't usually flock together all that much, so it has been kind of strange to see them suddenly doing it a lot now. A couple of weeks ago I walked out and there must have been twenty or thirty of them sitting in the trees of my yard. They weren't doing anything, not flitting about, not making any noise. Just sitting there as if they were in a bus station or something. Odd. Almost eerie one might say.

Michael

Michael, how to put this?

They can be amazingly patient when they think that something is about to die...

I find that a .20 gauge loaded with bird-shot makes them reconsider assuming that 'prophetic' attitude.

Do it early, though. Best if the neighbours aren't too clear on what went down.

And don't bother with the carcasses. They taste like sh*te.

That whole 'four and twenty blackbirds, baked in a pie' thing is only a children's rhyme...

It's never a pleasure to be associated with you lot, but I STILL wish you a happy period of feasting on various forms of fowl, grazers, vegetables, or whatever it is you guys eat that makes you so "special".

Steve

We really love you too Steve .

Thanks for the Christmas wishes and assorted other presents like the new patch.

I find that a .20 gauge loaded with bird-shot makes them reconsider assuming that 'prophetic' attitude.

Do it early, though. Best if the neighbours aren't too clear on what went down.

And don't bother with the carcasses. They taste like sh*te.

That whole 'four and twenty blackbirds, baked in a pie' thing is only a children's rhyme...

Crows are said to make very good pets...and they are very smart animals so I'm told. I find one curious thing about them...I have never seen a baby crow...have you? They are either hatched fully grown, which I doubt, or they are safely tucked away in protected nests until they are able to fend for themselves.

I know that you all don't give a crap, but it is one of the little things in nature that has always intrigued me.

Happy Holidays...Merry Christmas..Happy Chanuka...etc etc. to all.

Spent the day driving around the Iraqi countryside delivering gifts to all the good little Marines and Sailors stationed in various COPs. They were happy...and I...I didnt get blown up...BONUS! Here's to wishing you, your friends, and all of your families the Merriest of Christmases!

Presentation3.jpg

Michael, how to put this?

They can be amazingly patient when they think that something is about to die...

Somebody did, in fact. Two days ago one of my neighbors passed away, and it was outside her apartment that they had gathered. Kinda makes you wonder, don't it? I'm buying an air rifle in case the buggers start congregating on my side of the building.

Michael

btw you lot. Merry Christmas (or whatever you lot worship or not worship) for tomorrow.

Yeah, and a merry xmas to you too, you insane bugger!

It's always a pleasure to be associated with you lot!

It's always a pleasure to come home to the Peng Thread, where I can freely express my boundless contempt and loathing for featherless bipeds everywhere (I'm not sure how to categorize Boo any more, but I am quite sure that he should be exterminated, and quickly at that). After a long day among "normal" people, it's a relief. Sort of like letting one's belt out a notch after consuming an excessively large Christmas dinner.

Michael

Gee, that kinda brings a little tear to my eye. Or maybe it was that onion I just sliced. But anyway, strangely moving.

Michael

I know what you mean Michael. Normally I'm just as grateful as I can be that you lot are far, FAR away from me. I get kind of a Nazgul like feeling when my plane flies over someplace I know to be inhabited by a CessPooler and the business trip is pretty much wasted anytime I have to actually STAY in the same city.

But it is Christmas, or the season, or whatever the hell you strange and wondrous folk refer to it as in your own demented and probably perverted minds. And wouldn't it be loverly if you could ALL be, if not home, then at least where you wanted to be.

In the case of Wolfp Mk II I rather doubt he'd choose to be in that misbegotten hellhole over the holidays and yet there he is ... manning the walls, so to speak.To all those who serve and who have served in all the misbegotten hellholes at this time of year when they'd have preferred to be home with their families ... thank you for your sacrifice and may all your holiday seasons in the future be bright and gay ... well, not THAT gay ... not that there's anything wrong with that ...

As to the rest of you ... my thanks to Steve of BFC for some great games and for literally bringing us all together and then, most remarkably, allowing us to stay together. To Seanachai, my thanks first and foremost for just BEING ... the world is a better ... albeit stranger ... place with you in it. To Nidan1, Stuka, Leeo, Berli and Wolfp Mk II I wish you success in everything except the games we're currently playing and I think you all owe me turns expect for the ones who don't.

And to the crippled, misshappen and likely enough drooling body of the CessPool, the entire membership of the Peng Challenge Thread, my gratitude for being the weird and wonderful lads and lasses that you are all.

You, of course, are grateful that you've had the opportunity to be here with ME, your Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread. There are some things that go without saying but I find it odd that I've received no presents from any of you ... granted there were a couple but they were ticking and one of them was from Oregon so I just marked them "Return to Sender."

Joe

Cool, the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka, saw fit to buy me a WW2 combat flight experience in a YAK fighter of some description!

Photos to follow after the 30th..

Kinda makes your lump of coal look pretty lame hey Joe?

Hey pal, it was a VERY high quality of coal.

And I'm quite sure that, in your inebriated state, you thought you WERE in a YAK fighter ...

yak.jpg

Joe