Peng Challenges the Oddstralians to Make Good

Leeo

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raptors are majestic and have no place in this thread. Scavenger birds are better suited to this place.

Except the Olde Ones, Fair Lady of the Peng Challenge Thread.

We are...Owls. Nightbirds. Also, drunkards. Well, except Peng, who's gotten better. And Berli, who's never been much for that sort of thing. Not since he became wise, and Evil.

Actually, it's just me. I'm a drunkard. And weird. And the crazy old man of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Shall we sing?

He's the crazy old man of the Peng Challenge Thread.

He sings songs to the Great Moose Fred.

His feet don't hang off the edge of his bed.

Chorus:

Pour him a drink and he'll wax poetic

Pour him a drink, it's like an emetic

Pour him a drink and he'll expound quite prophetic...

Pour him a drink right now!

He likes wine and cheese and a good loaf of bread.

If he comes to your house, he'll expect to be fed

Chorus:

Any praise he's given goes right to his head

Every few months, he almost ends up dead.

It's a snow storm here in God's Country, eh? I was after going to Dalem's tonight, there to drink the drinks, and smoke the smokes, and make merry of much of little, but then the storm blew in, and Dalem, as wise as is he stupid, told me 'I'm scrubbing the evening, UberGnome. You stay there, and I'll stay here, and no one will die on the roads.'

So, then:

Oh, he doesn't smell like Irish spring

And he never taught us anything

But still we swell our chests and sing

To our drunken Irish Gnome

Oh, his face is like a railway map

And he never shuts his friggin' trap

But still we raise our glass and sing to our drunken Irish gnome!

Boo!

I'm about to settle in, and watch my favourite Christmas movie. 'We're No Angels', with Humphrey Bogart, and Peter Ustinov, and Aldo Rey, from 1955. It's the wonderful story of three convicts escaped from Devil's Island on Christmas Eve, who fall in with a family of totally hapless people, and who make everything come out right for them, primarily because they're murderers and thieves.

If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. It involves that most complete and penultimate story involving Three Olde Ones. Berli is played by Humphrey Bogart, and Peng is played by Aldo Rey, and I...I am played by Peter Ustinov.

"Oh, to be a painter!"

Boo!

I'm about to settle in, and watch my favourite Christmas movie. 'We're No Angels', with Humphrey Bogart, and Peter Ustinov, and Aldo Rey, from 1955. It's the wonderful story of three convicts escaped from Devil's Island on Christmas Eve, who fall in with a family of totally hapless people, and who make everything come out right for them, primarily because they're murderers and thieves.

If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. It involves that most complete and penultimate story involving Three Olde Ones. Berli is played by Humphrey Bogart, and Peng is played by Aldo Rey, and I...I am played by Peter Ustinov.

"Oh, to be a painter!"

You forgot to mention that your thuggish henchman Boo is played to perfection by the never-seen Adolf.

I recall that at the end of "We're No Angels" the three escaped convicts decided they really belonged back on Devil's Island. Any chance the Three Olde Ones could follow their example? :D :D

Boo!

"Oh, to be a painter!"

It's one of our favorite movies here, too.

I can see Joe as Leo G. Carroll's character and perhaps Dave Aitch playing the part of Basil Rathbone's character.

And as always, dalem plays the ingenue.

Wow...

Got your mouth wide open, again I see. Carefull, flies will be circling for a landing pretty soon.

I know life is hard for you. Being second-in-command of a two-man crew is never easy.

Marriage, and life in general must show you your place every day. Even a mirror has you looking at second best.

Trouble is, life keeps asking the question... "Who wants this job?"

And up shoots your puny arm, ever anxious to please. Joe, did it.. up went your arm. So now you deputise for the old codger when he feels like a break, every time.

Seanachai hollers... and there trots good-old-Boo, "Yes master, what can I do for you?"

Grow some. Tell 'em where to go. Be strong, be a LEADER for a change!

You get the message?

Noba.

I had a Hitchcockian experience early this morning. I went to work when it was still dark outside. I was walking from the parking garage and I heard this loud sound of lots of flapping wings. I turned around and looked at the park across the street. There was a swarm of crows flying in the sky above the park and they all landed in a tree. That gave me the heebee jeebees. And the crows were still in the tree when I walked back to the garage after work.

They've been doing that in these parts too for a month or so. Crows don't usually flock together all that much, so it has been kind of strange to see them suddenly doing it a lot now. A couple of weeks ago I walked out and there must have been twenty or thirty of them sitting in the trees of my yard. They weren't doing anything, not flitting about, not making any noise. Just sitting there as if they were in a bus station or something. Odd. Almost eerie one might say.

Michael

They've been doing that in these parts too for a month or so. Crows don't usually flock together all that much, so it has been kind of strange to see them suddenly doing it a lot now. A couple of weeks ago I walked out and there must have been twenty or thirty of them sitting in the trees of my yard. They weren't doing anything, not flitting about, not making any noise. Just sitting there as if they were in a bus station or something. Odd. Almost eerie one might say.

Michael

eh? Probably pathfinders for a fecal matter blitz of Dresdenian scale. You've been warned.

Michael

Climate change ... clearly a case of Global Swarming.

Joe

Silly bastard. Miss him, though. Still remember him roundly cursing me when I posted my fake 'Seanachai is dead, killed by a Pronghorn Antelope at the Zoo' post, all those years ago. He actually thought I might be dead, gored by a goofy North American ruminant because I was drunk and stupid. I laughed all the time I was writing my apology for my sense of humour.

LIAR!

That was me wot cursed you for that most unfunny of 'gags'..

Mind, your apology was suitably grovelly.

Although ChickenBoo appears to be beyond merely spooked and actually engaged in a hysterical fit (no doubt aided by the lack wings) he really hasn't understood what Christmas means, for chickens.

...although he has learnt something. He doesn't wear his Turkey Suit in

the lead up to thanksgiving, anymore. Nasty, getting plucked like that it was.

Noba.