Stryker pics

Mord

Got a few shots of the Recon Stryker today. They aren't the best. I was having a hard time seeing the camera screen... Not bad though. Pretty cool seeing it up close. I was surprised at how "green" the paint was, I was expecting an olive drab more along the lines of a WWII Sherman. Hard to tell in the pics but it was much brighter.

Hope you like them.

stryker1zd4.jpg

stryker2fb3.jpg

stryker3yp6.jpg

stryker4vs8.jpg

Mord.

I am shipping to Ft Benning on December 30th. Been easing into my running and workout. Did a big one the other night up the recruiting station and learned just how out of shape I am! My arms and shoulders were worthless for two days!

Hopefully I will shape up over the next 5 weeks or I'll probably be looking at 3 weeks in one of those fitness battalions they make you go to before boot camp.

Thanks for asking.

Mord.

Thanks, much appreciated. 5 weeks hopefully will be enough to get me ready for the running part of BCT. I am gonna chug around the neighborhood later on today. Been taking it slow this week. Next week I'll increase it...and so on, up until I leave.

Mord.

Thanks for the pics, Mord.

Perhaps the green paint is something like a primer?

I think it's amazing how red those viewports are. They really stand out with that green paint.

And another thing which straight out impresses me is to see again, how close the models in game look to the real thing. BF did an increddibly good job on the vehicles.

I dont understand why you would want to be part of this war. I considered it myself before I saw through the propaganda. You think its for the good of the iraqi/afghani people? Better that you dont regret killing men defending their country - the middle east maybe - for the rest of your life. And for the short amount left of theirs.

Would you elaborate on your reasons for going to war?

@Birdstrike, yeah those view ports almost glowed compared to the rest of the vehicle as well as the gloomy weather. You'd almost think they'd stand out in most landscapes...like a big sign saying here I am!

@fireship, nope I am not gonna elaborate on all my reasons. My enlisting isn't up for political debate. If you don't believe in any of it, that's fine, stay home, you have that right. I wanna do something, so, I signed up. The rest is the same old back and forth that can/could be found on the GF for the last 8 years. I am comfortable with my decision.

Mord.

The 2x4 wheel chocks and oil drip pan don't inspire confidence.
That's all SOP, even for a brand new vehicle. Don't want to get chewed out by the 1SG.

What I am really suprised about (and frankly a little shocked) is that they parked on the grass. It looks a bit soft and wet too.

Now they are gonna have to go to the wash rack before heading back to the motorpool.

Did they actually let people track mud around the inside? :D

Heh... I saw the oil pan and thought "yup, that there is a military vehicle on someone else's lawn" :) Otherwise they just let them drip away!

Congrats again Mord. What ever your reasons are I am know you went in with eyes wide open. Whatever any of us think about the wars we are in is irrelevant to what you have just done. In fact, someone who is willing to go to war for his country when the general opinion is negatively disposed should get an extra ribbon for their bar. It could be called "Order of the Stubborn" :D

Steve

What are the advantages/attributes of the RECON Stryker?

What does it bring to the battlefield in real life and in the game?

Gpig

According to manual:

M1127 Stryker RV (Reconnaissance Vehicle)

The Reconnaissance Vehicle is tasked with seeking out and identifying enemy units and

their positions, as well as observing their activities. This capability is achieved through

use of the RV’s Fire Support Sensor System (FS3), located where the RWS usually is

found.

The FS3 system includes a second-generation Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) imager,

day TV, laser designator, laser rangefinder, and special software that automatically

identifies the type of unit being observed. All this information is fed directly into

FBCB2, which means that if a Stryker RV spots something it knows where it is and

therefore so does everybody else with access to FBCB2. This is particularly useful for

calling in artillery or air support since those assets know exactly what they are to

attack and where.

There is no RWS on the RV, which means there is no remote controlled weapons system

on the vehicle. Instead, a manually fired M2 or Mk.19 is located on a skate rail next

to the FS3. The skate rail allows each system to be rotated 360 degrees. The lack of

a RWS also means there is no remote day or night viewing via camera or thermal

imager. Instead, the RV is equipped with a commander’s cupola that offers 360

degree vision from within the vehicle superior to other Stryker variants.

Otherwise they just let them drip away!...

No way Steve, not anymore. You better have a drip pan down.

And you are "dry sweeping" (oil-dri, etc..) any dime sized drop.

EPA rules, rain might wash that oil drop into the water system, and all that.

Don't be the guy that gets called in on a weekend for missing drip pans....:eek: