Peng Challenge

BFCElvis

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor you. Just wait until Ike gets there.

UVEA

Michael

Some parts of Chicago got 7+ inches today, with another 3+ coming in tonight; all before Ike moves through. We only rarely get the remnants of hurricanes, but this year Gustav dropped 4 inches on us, and Ike will pass over as well.

Some parts of Chicago got 7+ inches today, with another 3+ coming in tonight; all before Ike moves through. We only rarely get the remnants of hurricanes, but this year Gustav dropped 4 inches on us, and Ike will pass over as well.

It began raining last night around 7PM. Not terribly hard, but a steady, soaking rain.

It kept up like that with minor variations, until about 5 PM today.

Glad I live on a hill. Basements are flooded all over the place.

But I'll take this over having to meet a hurricane, up close and personal, any day.

Some deal with hurricanes.

Some deal with a category 5 Seanachai, all feisty and ready for uppity after being down with the flu for 3 days.

Papa Khann and I are trying to keep him distracted with Once Upon a Time in the West and the card game Doomtown, but he's still testing us.

He just had his first "drink out", which is like a time out, but involves me taking his glass away from him for a bit.

Yes, Berli, you KNOW you're getting a phone call soon...

There must be cigars......tell me about the cigars........

Earlier this afternoon I tried a new one for me - a little pudgy Punch bastage that was oddly-shaped, mild, and burned well. Good for the afternoon. Tonight for the wind down after the game, and while Berli chatted with us, I had a Partagas Black. A Magnifico I believe. Seanachai tore through one of his expensive ones, I can't remember the label.

Earlier this afternoon I tried a new one for me - a little pudgy Punch bastage that was oddly-shaped, mild, and burned well. Good for the afternoon. Tonight for the wind down after the game, and while Berli chatted with us, I had a Partagas Black. A Magnifico I believe. Seanachai tore through one of his expensive ones, I can't remember the label.

Probably a Swisher Sweet.

god chosen Northern Hemisphere.

You mean 'chosen' for a disaster of biblical proportions?

(yeh I know I'm late, and only just arrived to this thread, and have a lot of catching up to do, but you all know how it is!)

PS I like Elvis' rules. Brief, succinct and to the point.

Drum terbaccy. Cheap, plentiful and not so good. Comes in a pouch. I smoked it in college because it was cheaper than Camels. Plus roll yer own smokes look illegal, which galled the campus administration.

AUREOLA

Geeze Peng you're not much of a doctor, though I don't doubt you've attempted to PLAY doctor a time or two.

The gall comes from the gall bladder, not the aureola.

Joe

Drum terbaccy. Cheap, plentiful and not so good. Comes in a pouch. I smoked it in college because it was cheaper than Camels. Plus roll yer own smokes look illegal, which galled the campus administration.

AUREOLA

Ahh, Camel straights. No one ever bummed one from you at a bar if you were smokin' those.

Speaking of bums at bars, nice to see so many of the Olde Ones still here.

Should i have said it was 'grouse'?

Nah, just send a turn.

In a gamey update, Stuka has found that German optics are no match for masses of shermans .

His vaunted 88's can't hit a sherman from 2000 yards, and having wasted most of their ammo

blasting away they will shortly be feeling the tank tracks running over the gun emplacements.

Oh, and he has found out that putting heavy machine guns in tall, easily

hit buildings whilst facing masses of shermans is also not a good idea.

Noba.

In a gamey update, Stuka has found that German optics are no match for masses of shermans .

His vaunted 88's can't hit a sherman from 2000 yards, and having wasted most of their ammo

blasting away they will shortly be feeling the tank tracks running over the gun emplacements.

Oh, and he has found out that putting heavy machine guns in tall, easily

hit buildings whilst facing masses of shermans is also not a good idea.

Noba.

Take care, Noba. The young one who I sponsored lo those many years ago, upon the recommendation of the venerable though slightly daft Goanna, has learned well the tactics of futility (ToF) ... against which massive destruction is assured.

Take care, Noba. The young one who I sponsored lo those many years ago, upon the recommendation of the venerable though slightly daft Goanna, has learned well the tactics of futility (ToF) ... against which massive destruction is assured.
My Gawd it IS the end times ... Moriarty is back ... now we just have to decide if that's a good thing.

Joe

More-arty! ahem, Moriarty! Good to know you still live and kick, you pusillanimous bastige! I still have nightmares of flamethrowing tanks, molotovs, and backpack fuel tanks in tinder dry tall grass and trees. Ah, the drinks drank during the warm glow of burning grass, trees, people, halftracks, Oy My!