Revised Manual

Good to see many of the game tweaks layed out in the revised manual.

While inspecting it however, I noticed the T-92SA, BMP 3 and new RPG16 (?) and several of the other new vehicles are not in the unit descriptions (yet).

Will these new vehicles/weapons be added at a later time?

The revised manual is for the CM Shock Force *base game* only. The Marines module comes with its own (short) supplementary manual which has all the items that are specific to the Marines module (and not available for the base game). I may be wrong but the items you listed are specific to Syrian Airborne units which are included in the Marines module (only).

Yes, or it wouldn't be in the manual. These are added vehicles for the ARMY TO&E branch and as such available to all CMSF users. The Marines module addes some other TO&Es (such as Syrian Airborne and, well, Marines, but there are a few others, too) and they will be exclusive. And before you ask, the patch is currently scheduled to be out shortly after the Marines module is released.

The revised manual is for the CM Shock Force *base game* only. The Marines module comes with its own (short) supplementary manual which has all the items that are specific to the Marines module (and not available for the base game). I may be wrong but the items you listed are specific to Syrian Airborne units which are included in the Marines module (only).
In pre-order bundle version CMSF and Marines will be contain printed revised manual for base game and Marines in one or two books?

What's wrong with the online manual? I've got the original one - I've read the updated one online - not a huge amount of difference and where there are differences it is quite clear.

Well for a few reasons. I would be reading the current rules, it's good value and a way of supporting Battlefront.

We are thinking of chucking our existing manuals in favor of new ones. That's still under discussion. However, in the future things will be quite different. We're moving to a true on-demand printing system. It costs us a LOT more per manual, however we can pay as we go and keep things far more current than we can afford to at the moment. Big runs are necessary for big discounts, which means printing way more than you think you need. Hell, we still have CMBO manuals in stock from 2002! Anybody who has had experience with the printing industry knows that if you want reasonable sized runs (in the low thousands) you pay through the nose.

In the past we had no problem selling all of our initial run manuals before the game changed too much. Not so this time around. Sales are excellent, however more and more people are downloading instead of purchasing the hard goods version. If everybody had opted for hardgoods instead of download we'd have blown through our initial stock a while ago. The times, they are a changing ;)

We're more than happy that so many people love the download option, but it has the side effect of reducing the demand for the printed manuals we already have. That's stretched the lifespan of the manuals and also makes ordering a lot of new ones (to get a good printing discount) unsound. Therefore, even though the on-demand manuals cost a lot more per unit, over time it's better for everybody... we don't see our costs go up to the point of cutting out printed manuals completely, you guys who do order printed manuals get manuals that are more closely tied to the current version on disk. The printed CDs have exactly the same issues as the manuals so they too are going on-demand very soon.

Just some silly little business details that some of you might find interesting :D

Steve