The Peng Challenge Thread Arises Like a Phoenix, From Arizona!

How much weight does all that wood add to the vehicle?

Are you having to go with extra heavy duty shocks and such, or is it not really a concern?

I woodent be worried about the weight of the structure... more about the weight of the passenger(s). You wood need a permit just to take to the licensing centre.

Probably need a man with a flag to walk in front, as well.

WARNING. WIDE LOAD !

Noba.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much weight does all that wood add to the vehicle?

Are you having to go with extra heavy duty shocks and such, or is it not really a concern?

No concern. I removed many rows of seats, lots of sheet metal covering the entire inside walls and two large metal framed heaters with 2 fans each and many, many windows. Lot's of weight just gutting the bus. School bus's use a truck frame. The two main frame rails that run the length of the truck are 10" U-channel about 5/16" thick with a 3" lip. The same truck frame is used for box trucks and lumber delivery roll off trucks. The Gross vehicle weight with all of the school bus equipment (that I removed) installed is 16,000 pounds. The max GVW is 24,000 pounds.

I woodent be worried about the weight of the structure... more about the weight of the passenger(s). You wood need a permit just to take to the licensing centre.

Probably need a man with a flag to walk in front, as well.

WARNING. WIDE LOAD !

Noba.

When I met my current wife I had several girl friends. After we began dating just each other when we would go out my wife would often have girls she had never met walk by her or up to her and call her "*****" or worse. We were both amazed at how often this happened, the problem being some women were upset that I was no longer available. The deal here is that it doesn't matter how big a man is or how ugly, what matters is how a man carries himself. Having an overly large organ that we don't discuss doesn't hurt either. That being said on a more male side of things when I was younger and went by the nickname "Gronk" I would at times be asked "Did you have to hit everyone in the place?" The point being you are welcome to try and whip this fat old man at your leisure, I love a good brawl, or you can just piss-off like the gnat that you are. I have projects to build, fish to catch, animals to shoot and motorcycles to ride. Yarr!

In other news you may all wish your old Unca Stukey a happy birthday.....

otherwise I may have to post some shots of the Humidor the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka presented me with this morning.....

and perhaps some more Silverado shots from different angles....

How does that make you feel, Boo?

He doesn't have feelings. He is THE Thuggish Henchman.

Easily bought, easily paid off. Now we'll just have to see

if he has more smarts than the back-woodsman, or not.

Noba.

You think Seanachai will just loan Boo out to you, just like that?

What do you think Boo is, a common rent-boy or sumfink? Well, yes, perhaps, but anyway, you know what I mean.

Of course he will. What use is a thuggish Henchman to a Gnome?

I know there is the threat of siccing Boo onto your enemies

but really he is so slow as to give any normal opponent plenty of

time to move away, or leave the country, even.

He's more than likely to get stomped accidentaly, is our Bard.

Noba.

I was taking care of my two small friends the other day, Small Emma and Smaller Nora. My friend Smaller Nora, who was just two in May, is talking a great deal, now. But she tends to get a bit fuzzy on personal pronouns, causality, and sequence.

And on Friday afternoon, which was a very hot day, and when she was very, very tired, she stood in front of me and said to me 'Grandma Steve, I pick you up now'. With her little fluff of blonde, dandelion seed hair hanging around her head, looking up at me all forlorn.

And I told her, "Oh, no, Nora. I think you are too tired. I will pick you up, okay?", and she looked at me and said 'No?'.

So I swept her up in my arms, and she put her little head on my shoulder, and I said to her 'Nora picked up Grandma Steve?'

And she said: 'Yup'.

Who am I to say she got it wrong?

Oh for the luv of GAWD ... must I ... I mean it goes against the grain lads, really it does.

{Sigh}

<small><small>Happy Birthday Stuka</small></small>

Joe

CRAP ... HTML doesn't work either ... oh well ... it's the thought that counts.

I began prepping the new humidor last night with an internal wet rub with solution, give that 24 hours, then soak the humidifier, give that 24 hours, check that the hygrometer is 'in the zone', then stock 'er up with a couple grand's worth of Montecristos and Cohiba's and i'm set for a year or two I reckon.....

Is it Stuka's birthday, then? I wonder if the Lost Boys are putting candles on the cake in Never Never Land, e'en as we speak...

What the hell does that mean? If I get to play with Tinkerbell then it's alright with me! A pocket sized Julia Roberts can't be a bad thing can it?

What the hell does that mean? If I get to play with Tinkerbell then it's alright with me! A pocket sized Julia Roberts can't be a bad thing can it?

Of course not, lad. After all, in your pockets she'd be able to take up landscape gardening. Nothing but a vast, empty wasteland that she could labor over in the hopes that one day there would be something to see there.

If Tinkerbell were to end up in your pocket, I'd advise her to go with a sundial and a koi pond. Then there would be something there upright that served a useful purpose, and some signs of life.