The Peng Challenge Thread Arises Like a Phoenix, From Arizona!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been here since the beginning CM1....dont tell me to search the forums, but could someone please explain the Peng challenge in easy to follow terms

Long ago, in a game forum far, far away, there lived an evil little Gnome (As opposed to a an evil huge Gnome), named Seanachai, which translated from the old Gaelic means: "Here, buy me a wee dram, you 'orrible little man!" (It gains something in the translation), and he was enamored, ensorcled, bewitched, bothered and bewidebeasted by the insane ranter Mr. Peng, who lived in a Grecian urn on the outskirts of Passaic, New Jersey, or Taos, New Mexico (Which really needs another consonant somewhere in the middle, don't you think?)

Now, in a series of notes, carefully folded into a triangular shape (In case they wanted to play football later) and passed desk by desk in study hall, Seanachai and Mr. Peng began a great debate.

Between them, they rassled with concepts both arcane and obtuse. Seanachai dressed like Bobo Brazil and Mr. Peng in the guise of George "The Animal" Steele.

Sweat and parables flowed off of them both like... things that flow... off of other things (I really need to work on my metaphors), until in a huge upheaval erupting like a gallon of bad guacamole dip eaten by a dyspeptic poodle (Regular. Not the toy variety), the continents were formed.

And that's why we have spatulas.

Any other questions?

Long ago, in a game forum far, far away, there lived an evil little Gnome (As opposed to a an evil huge Gnome), named Seanachai, which translated from the old Gaelic means: "Here, buy me a wee dram, you 'orrible little man!" (It gains something in the translation), and he was enamored, ensorcled, bewitched, bothered and bewidebeasted by the insane ranter Mr. Peng, who lived in a Grecian urn on the outskirts of Passaic, New Jersey, or Taos, New Mexico (Which really needs another consonant somewhere in the middle, don't you think?)

Now, in a series of notes, carefully folded into a triangular shape (In case they wanted to play football later) and passed desk by desk in study hall, Seanachai and Mr. Peng began a great debate.

Between them, they rassled with concepts both arcane and obtuse. Seanachai dressed like Bobo Brazil and Mr. Peng in the guise of George "The Animal" Steele.

Sweat and parables flowed off of them both like... things that flow... off of other things (I really need to work on my metaphors), until in a huge upheaval erupting like a gallon of bad guacamole dip eaten by a dyspeptic poodle (Regular. Not the toy variety), the continents were formed.

And that's why we have spatulas.

Any other questions?

When can we expect the prequels?

When can we expect the prequels?
Prequels ... there were no prequels. ...
Before the Peng Challenge Thread The board was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the board; and Seanachai said, "Let there be a thread"; and there was a thread. And BTS (as it was then called) saw that the thread was good; and BTS separated the Peng Challenge Thread from the darkness.
Before the Peng Challenge Thread there was NOTHING ... I would have expected a Knight of the CessPool to KNOW that ... even a GooberNatiional like you.

Joe

Prequels ... there were no prequels. ... Before the Peng Challenge Thread there was NOTHING ... I would have expected a Knight of the CessPool to KNOW that ... even a GooberNatiional like you.

Joe

Now, now, Joe. Remember; WWJD*.

The answer is always, "I do. Yea... I do"

(*Who Wants Jack Daniels)

Delhi is weird, cows walking all over the streets, grinding poverty and beggars everywhere, a gazillion unhappy looking people crushed into bicycle rickshaws and tuk-tuks, and the smell!

Ye gods, I close my eyes and I could be in Ohio!

Hey, he told me WWJD was What Would Joe Do?

Words to live by Egbert (splet but not bolded). Follow that motto and you won't go far wrong.

Just got back from watching "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ... IN 3D!

The 3D was really quite good, the chick was cute too ... and that's all I have to say about that.

Joe

Words to live by Egbert (splet but not bolded). Follow that motto and you won't go far wrong.

Just got back from watching "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ... IN 3D!

The 3D was really quite good, the chick was cute too ... and that's all I have to say about that.

Joe

And yet you failed to appreciate one of my favorite films, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I may just refuse to buy you a drink when you're here.

And yet you failed to appreciate one of my favorite films, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I may just refuse to buy you a drink when you're here.

If Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow had been in this version of 3D I'd have given it a better review. As it was it was absolute dreck and poor absolute dreck at that.

Journey to the Center of the Earth was dreck too but IT WAS IN 3D!. And while it did have a T-Rex way, WAY down in the earth (what does a freaking T-Rex find to eat down there ... other than intrepid explorers one presumes) it DIDN'T have physics defying P-40's flying straight down into the ocean at top speed, NOT losing any bits, NOT turning the pilot into mush and THEN turning into submarines.

Of course Journey did have a few physics ... and geology ... and anatomy defying moments itself ... but IT WAS IN 3D, and damned good 3D too.

You're under no obligation to buy a drink for me dalem ... but if I'm dehydrated I may not spend that critical extra minute of contemplation on your potential GOOD qualities as I compile the Quasi-Annual Review, Audit and Inspection. And, trust me on this, you NEED extra contemplation since your bad qualities are SO glaringly obvious to anyone with any one of their five senses remaining.

Btw, I trust that plans are well underway by this time, remember I'll be arriving on the afternoon of the 21st ... but why am I telling you that, no doubt you've all got it circled in your calendars, with notes up everywhere to remind you and likely a cellphone calendar or two set to chime merrily away on the 19th to get you in the proper frame of mind to welcome your Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Joe

Delhi is weird, cows walking all over the streets, grinding poverty and beggars everywhere, a gazillion unhappy looking people crushed into bicycle rickshaws and tuk-tuks, and the smell!

Ye gods, I close my eyes and I could be in Ohio!

But then when you opened them, your wallet would be gone.

Prequels ... there were no prequels. ... Before the Peng Challenge Thread there was NOTHING ... I would have expected a Knight of the CessPool to KNOW that ... even a GooberNatiional like you.

Joe

Not even a proto-cess pool? Not even a puddle of piss somewhere? Not even drizzle of saliva somewhere?

But then when you opened them, your wallet would be gone.

I'd get it back easy. I'd just look for the Ohionian with a pair of shoes that matched then Whammo!, wallet returned.

(less $3.99 for the shoes)