Kalypso Patch?

carlR

Sorry for your trouble with the Kalypso patch. I am having the same issue for the French Patch : a long lesson in patience. However, since I first bought the Battlefront e-version I am still better-off.

I react to your observation re. postage. I have the same feeling when ordering from the US, UK or Germany (I live in Paris). I cannot help find the price requested for postage bloodily excessive, all the more so in the case of low-weight items (CD/DVD, PC games, etc.).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Moon:

Will you allready change the publisher for the AddOn ?

If not, is there a way I could exchange my Kalypso version for a Battlefront e-version?

I support Battlefront and 1C but my money is limited and I don't see why I should buy another version just because of the crappy Kalypso support...

Not that I couldn't wait - but I don't see that It'll get better and I plan on staying with ToW for some time...

guys i have emailed kalypso about how plp are unhappy with there version of this game (patch)etc etc

this is wat i posted

hello everyone at kalypso

i am writing this as i have just ordered theatre of war as it looks like a really good game. i have ordered it from play .com

BUT im starting to wonder if i have made the right decision as i have been to battlefront.com forums and read alot of bad stuff about you and lack of coop opperation

i think u no where i am going with this.

THE PATCH

WHERE IS IT the plp in that forum are saying u not doing one while battle front have already done it and so have other publishers so i would very much like to no when and if u are doing the patch that every one is asking for.

DONT FORGET THAT THE WORD TRAVELS FAST ROUND THE INTER NET

but the word at the moment doesnt sound good about you guys with this community

please could u give me some info when and if there is a patch otherwise i will cancel my order and get it from

BATTLE FRONT .COM

KIND REGARDS

barry

the reply was this

Hello,

the patch for the english Kalypso retail version willbe published within the next week.

Kind regards,

Kalypso Media GmbH

Support Service

Thus starteth the seventh week of calypsian localisation waitingness.

I bet they still work out what a patch thingy actually does and what they are supposed to do with it ...

1000yard stare: my bet is end of month plus "two weeks". "Two weeks" being legendary from the Il2 sim schedule and can mean anything from at least four earth weeks to two years.

Originally posted by Stoppelhopser:

Thus starteth the seventh week of calypsian localisation waitingness.

I bet they still work out what a patch thingy actually does and what they are supposed to do with it ...

What baffles me is that not only is the language the same, i.e. English but that the Kalypso version (UK) isn't even copy protected. Exactly what sort of 'localization' is actually required?!

A hope our friends with versions in other languages aren't kept waiting too long.

I too just recently bought this UK retail version and was gob smacked that no patch out yet and does not get released in a timely manner when BF have released theirs.

I have to say this game looks and feels soooo coooolat the moment and with a few minor tweaks and some good scripts could even top CMSF for playability to me.

Please get a patch sorted ASAP

Boy am I glad I bought from BFC, this Kalipso thing sounds like a car crash.

I hope BFC/1C are more careful who they partner with in future. The ability to deliver should be paramount as the last thing ToW needs after the previous slatings, is this sh!t.

We are currently preparing to release the english patch in a "raw" version without installer for those who are not afraid to copy some files manually. Sneaksi is going to post news when available.

Kalypso is apparently preparing the installer for a "official" release next week.

Regarding the German version... we're still waiting to receive the translations back from Kalypso, and I don't have an ETA yet from them. It won't be next week, that's for sure.

We're really sorry about the situation this puts some fans in that bought retail copies. Unfortunately due to contractual obligations as well as technical hurdles (copy protection used by the local publishers) there is little we can do to get around the bottleneck. We certainly didn't mean to treat retail customers as "second class" customers even though it may appear that way right now. Lesson learned for future releases.

Martin

Well, this is potentially good news, but i am reminded of other game devs who`ve kept people waiting on Patches with cosy words of `released soon` and `two weeks` (yes, i am an IL2 fan as well) and it sometimes feel as if we`re being led along by the non-existent carrot.

Of course, they have our money now, so they can take their sweet time or maybe not even bother.

Oh, wait! I managed to cancel my copy, so they haven`t got my money and won`t get it until I see a result!

I wait.

This patch has been released

Theater of War Kalypso Patch [March 22, 2008, 2:27 pm ET] -

1C Publishing now offers the Theater of War version 1.10.0.81 patch for the Kalypso edition of the military strategy game. This is the same "Uber" patch previously released for the Battlefront.com edition of the game (story). Thanks Gamer's Hell.

Thork:

You can't expect wonders. Everyone in the industry knows that a game patch localisation can't be done in under 8 weeks or whatever long it takes Kalypso to wake up tongue.gif .

The patch content is now out close to two months (Jan, 28th).

I and lots of other europeans are still waiting.

Being a scale modeler (gluing and painting fiddly things),over 40 years old and a flight sim enthusiast you can describe me as quite a patient dude.

But mark my words for the future: If I ever buy anything from Kalpso I bite my hands off in front of you all. They lost me as a future customer.

Still, Frohe Ostern to each and everyone!