Kalypso Patch?

carlR

I live in the UK & am thinking about buying the Kalypso retail version. But it does not seem to be at the same state of development as the BFC version. It seems the Kalypso version already has some of the things in the upcoming uberpatch but not all of them. Once the uberpatch is released for the BFC version will there be a kalypso patch that will make it the same as the BFC version?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant use our Patch with any other version OTHER than with a version purchased from Battlefront.

If you do, the game will stop working as you won't have the same licensing system as we use.

Just be patient, all of the other publishers will want to get their respective patches out as soon as they can, and as always, I will work hard to get that done for you guys in any way I can.

Madmatt

Don't worry, guys. There in Czech we are waiting for the patch too. TOW was released by 1C (sic!) there in english version, just with the Starforce protection. Mechanically, making the SF protection over the exe files is matter of...uhm... few seconds? And still no patch?

But I am not surprised, it is just weird and expected policy. So, patience... ;)

Originally posted by Madmatt:

While we expect Kalypso to at some point release an updated patch, it's up to them to do so, and the timing is at their discretion.

While I understand you have no direct control over this, the kalypso box does still carry the Battlefront logo. Maybe a phone call for an update, and reporting back here might be an idea? Something beyond simple buck-passing would certainly be appreciated. The contrast between BF's attitude to the ToW patch and those for CM:SF is rather glaring.

This game is far from filler but there is little I can do, because of many issues, to really change what and how and even when or if Kaylpso releases the patch.

I realize the box has our logo on it, and thats due to all the work we put into helping to make ToW a viable product, but that doesn't change the various business issues that can and do occur when a single game like this has multiple publishers.

The last I heard was that Kaylpso was indeed working on releasing the patch and that 1c had made available to them everything they might need to do so. I will see if I can get any updated info on this.

Madmatt

I just got an update from Kalypso Media support. According to them the überpatch (both English and German) will be released by the end of February.

At first they told me that the Battlfront patch was compatible with the English version released by Kalypso so I had to correct them on that :-/

So, let's see what happens at the end of the month...