Kalypso Patch?

carlR

Well, its safe to say now that "Due march" was not exactly met :rolleyes:

However they can hardly be blamed by their customers, because they never stated which march, sly old devils that they are ...

@all: Imagine now if Kalypso localise the add-on.

If the add-on comes before 2010 I predict due 2012 "+ two weeks" for the Euro versions :eek:

See you next week to check if anyone at Kalypso Media GmbH has since moved a finger.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer an Patch to make my German ToW to an English one. Just to use upcomming Updates/Patches/Addons.

Why it's not possible to release a merge Patch for all foreign languages, that we can use the Battlefront Patches?

I don't really need the german translation, i need this Ueber Patch.

When i think of the next expansion, i'm really worried :-/.

*walks in on his weekly visit, looks around*

After now nine weeks I see that exactly nothing has happened.

And that will be precisely the amount of money Kalypso will ever see from me in their glorious future.

See you next week in this surreal thread if I still can bring up the energy to bother about TOW.

Well I lost my patience.

I sent this email to Kalypso:

>Thank you for the uberpatch... Oh, wait a >minute! It hasn't been released yet... :-(

>Last time I buy anything with a Kalypso logo

And I got this reply:

>the patch is coming asap but we had some >technical problems.

After that I purchased the download version from Battlefront...

The patch is coming ASAP...that's funny...ten weeks later. Even IF they manage to get the patch out before ToW 2 (I hope) the thought that this same frustrating process would occur again if another patch was to be released is making me look hard at purchasing BattleFront's version.

"We had some technical problems"

Imagine my technical problems when the button of my wallet gets stuck next time they want me to pay some of their games.

Well, I got comfortably numb by this waiting.

Took ages to develop TOW, took a while longer to get it up to Battlefronts standard, took longer to uberpatch, takes even longer to get a patch for the rotten Kalypso version. And even then I doubt TOW will give me what I want from it as I don't exactly see a flood of new maps ...

Frankly this situation bores me sh!tless. So I will do what I was trained best in this whole affair - and just wait some more - but for the CM:Normandy game. This will be excellent and well supported as I see with Strike Force.

Don't care about publishers, patches, Add Ons or TOW 2-17 anymore. Don't expect me to sink even one more Eurocent into this game.

Stoppelhopser

Thanks Gnasher, I will try them !

I admire your drive and dedication to a historical campaign. If it was not for you and a few dedicated souls one would think TOW is dead in the water after just one year.

Don't be offended by my opinion. But this whole mess is taxing to the extreme and the game did not quite meet my tactical expectations which does not mean its bad, just not 100% my cup of Earl Grey.

That's why I was so hot for the uberpatch with its expanded possibilities. Which my pathetic publisher somehow can't manage to release although the content is already done since end of January!

Hi guys,

just a voice of support here for all the German customers waiting for the patch. Incidentally, we're waiting, too :-( We have been told that the translations were "in progress" in mid-march. No other news yet...

Martin

Martin,

no one in their right mind holds a grudge against Battlefront. The local publisher is the bizzare problem.

Last time I was in Worms, there were plenty of german speaking people around :D . I cannot understand 12 weeks of technical problems.

And by the way, the german briefings in the default version are not exactly good deutsch. Mission 10 briefing in the russian campaign also has been forgotten.

Next time, send 100 Euros by Paypal to some guy from the community who knows military nomenclature and german and you're set. It would have taken me less than 12 weeks for sure...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again, but some second class customers are STILL waiting, more than three months later.

On a inofficial german forum this was written on April, the 28th:

"Die deutsche Übersetzung wurde vor ein paar Tagen an Battlefront geschickt, die jetzt den Patch zusammenbauen. Der muss dann noch getestet werden und wird dann veröffentlicht."

Any truth in this, any news BF?

• 2 weeks later...
are german still interested in this game?
I'm one of the last mohicans which at least wants to have a go with the map editor and see the improvements of the patch for the product I paid for.

The german forum at theatreofwar.de is as dead as a door nail of course.

This whole thing is a pity because my experience with the Sudden Strike / Hidden Stroke series leads me to think the German community is a rather productive one and I can not see why very good input would not come from accross the Rhine river (I am French) for TOW as well.

I hope you will get the long-awaited patch promptly.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your words of support SG1.

This situation is ridiculous and I'm not sure all parties involved write the truth.

So where is the german patch now if it was compiled and sent to Kalypso a few days before the sixteenth ???

February, March, April, May, ...?

Thats not the way to treat customers.