Kalypso Patch?

carlR

So, let's see what happens at the end of the month...
Game no longer installed; too little time and too many others to occupy it. I'm afraid people at both Kalypso and BF really need to get their act together. Kalypso just don't seem to understand the market they have entered in; it isn't 1997 any more. Patches are expected, not a rare 'plus', and unjustifiable delays like this are not. BF don't seem to understand this hurts their reputation as well, details on this should have been sorted out when the contract was signed.

SORT IT OUT PEOPLE!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update On Kalypso Patch :-(

Hallo,

leider können wir noch keinen genauen Releasetermin für den deutschen

Patch bekannt geben. Er wird im Laufe des März veröffentilcht. Einen

genauen Termin werden wir rechtzeitig bekanntgeben.

Kalypso Media GmbH

Support Service

tel. +49 (0)6241 50 22 40

fax. +49 (0)6241 50 22 41

Prinz-Carl-Anlage 36

67547 Worms / Germany

support@kalypsomedia.com

Kalypso Media GmbH

Danke Ortnit,

:( . Sometime in march. "+ two weeks", I bet ...

If it takes them more than a month to localize a patch imagine having them localise TOWs Add-On or even "TOW2" :eek: . Most things TOW related move at glacial speed, somehow.

If I ever buy something more TOW related in the future, I doubt I will buy from Kalypso, since I don't need the game in german localisation anyway.

Did learn to mod CMSF in just few hours with first good results already done. Once that Kalypso TOW patch is out, I´ll surely will have my CMSF mods and first scenario finished. As there´s nothing of (play) value beside modding TOW, I´ll stick with CMSF and keep hard drives clean from half baken wargames. Maybe a TOW2 will offer anything of value in a couple of years maybe. tongue.gif

and why kalypso don't release english version of patch?

I don't understand what kapypso doing. I have Paradox version of CMSF and after release Battlefront patch Paradox release his version in 1-2 day (also with implementation of securom).

Originally posted by mikkey:

and why kalypso don't release english version of patch?

I don't understand what kapypso doing. I have Paradox version of CMSF and after release Battlefront patch Paradox release his version in 1-2 day (also with implementation of securom).

BF arranged with the other distributors of CMSF that the patch release should be more-or-less simultaneous. Apparently owners of non-BF versions were pissed when they had to wait.. I can't think why. :rolleyes: A similar courtesy has not been extended in the case of ToW although, on reflection, I wouldn't want buyers of the BF game to be forced to wait. The question is why anybody has to wait so long at all.. I guess Paradox are just a rather more professional outfit than kalypso.

hi, i think know reason, reason is that kalypso have many personel lack, so 1 persone should make any changing, and this cost time.

or it don't have good personal,so don't know what really is to make!

because, if battlefront have succes to translate update in time, why kalypso should use 2x or 3x more time!

but ther may be users, who will be bored by this patch-philosophi and go on for other games. 1-2 month is a long wait in the game industrie. so this cant be the interest of battlefront.

if i where battlefront, i would call kalypso every day and heck, i would try to hold the pressure up.

no i don't think that you don't need to call him each day, because, this don't help any, it give a another possibility, but this need that each user try it:

but need to resolve many problem, so as extract manually SFS files! (don't possible to extract him with this version of sfs extractor, because this version of sfs extractor use update program to read new sfs file,and is too technical talk to explain it). And update program don't compatible with kalypso version.

Just Great!

I decided to order this from ebay, due to its cheap price and now I discover that the patch doesn`t work with certain versions?! and I ordered too because of the new Uber patch.

Ran to the store and found that their version is Kalypso as well. So i guess I`m going to have to order from battleFront. no point sticking with Kalypso as I can see this issue continuing with other downloads, installs, addons.

Maybe I can get a refund or cancel the Kalypso version.

Why do they do this?

What a pain.

On the assumption you have some connection with kalypso (?), could you please confirm that this pathetic situation will not re-occur in the event of any future ToW patches? There is no reason any localisation (particularly in the case of English version) should take any longer than a week.

I`m attempting to cancel the kalypso version. I looked on their website and the blowing tumble weed and lack of response to those who`ve asked for a patch is not good to see.

If I can be bothered I may order the battlefront version, but my initial excitement of this game is wearing down very, very fast due to this state of affairs.

Why should the customer have any confidence in the product if the aftersales service is shoddy?

BattleFront! Get reliable people who produce patches and communicate with their buyers - it makes YOU look bad and puts down our confidence in your abilities.

I bought ToW 2 days ago because there was a new patch out. It was only once i started trying to download the patch, i realised there were different versions and lucky old me had bought the Kalypso version. :rolleyes:

Oh well, waiting patiently for news...

Hi guys,

I know. The patch files are with Kalypso for translations and preparations for weeks. We're waiting just like you that they prepare their installers and release the patch. At least for the UK patch there should have been close to zero delay.

Unfortunately due to how production is handled Battlefront is not able to release patches for those versions. Lesson learned for future retail releases.

Martin

Not having much luck. tried ordering a battlefront version, but paypal kept messing me around, even though there was enough cash in pounds (£50) the $60 dollars never seemed to translate to the £32 and a bit it should have been.

BTW, $20 (£10) is steep for postage. I know it`s all about the Pound vs the Dollar, but should the customer suffer for it?

Total balls up.

i`m also in the process of cancelling the kalypso version. Still if the Patch comes out for it soon, i`ll consider re-purchasing it.