Theatre of War Screenshots

flintlock

Xerxes (or anyone more hard-ware literate than me, which is, well, pretty much anyone),

I am in the market for a new dektop computer, have been for a while, but ToW has inspired me to get it with that X1950 video card. Any recommendations on a platform that would properly support those kind of graphics?

Get this: I am currently playing ToW on a six year old laptop with an ATI 9600 mobile. That is the LOWEST allowed vid card! :cool: The crazy part is I can play on medium graphics with not too bad of a frame rate. That's one bad-ass laptop for its day (six years ago) :D

PS I should have mentioned, I'd rather have my testicles dragged across a mile of broken glass than use Windows Vista.

[ May 03, 2007, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Normal Dude ]

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

video

I went on to win this scenario - though messing about with videoing cost me several tanks.

All detail/gfx on highest

Used FRAPS @ 60 fps

Edited with windows movie maker

music is afrika bambaata (not to many peoples taste but I hate classical and rock so it is a limiting factor)

I wanted primarily to look at LoS/LoF, cover, accuracy of fire, effectiveness of fire, ranges etc. and didn't realise until I was making this video just how many rounds missed/bounced the target.

btw - ihad a problem when recording in game sounds so no sound from the game - and there was some great ones too :(

Fritz invents the top-down attack!

... and put three nice holes into the ISU 152! Unfortunately the game ended before I could make a screenshot of the deadly wounded beast!

It is also great not to know for sure whether the tank is really knocked out or not due to the 'death clock'.

ToW01-cropped.jpg

ToW02.jpg

Best regards,

Thomm

That is an awesome pic. I know that valley o so well (as many do by now). I don't have screen shots, but back there in the "backdoor gap", my three tanks took out 17 enemy tanks (this after I blocked the bridge). When it was all said and done, 24 enemy tanks died. A little overwhelming to say the least. Then the mass suicide infantry charge by the russians across the bridge, dying to the last man...left me a little disapointed that it all seems so scripted and unrealistic...oh well, back to looking at screen shots.

I took some screenies from my movie files to see how they look;

Panzerfaust disabled my tank then the next hit killed the crew - 2 great shots at that range! but the difficulty setting was veteran smile.gif

Panzerfaust.jpg

Artillery Firing

NearMiss.jpg

Gun crew taken out

ArtyHit.jpg

The last man on the gun buys the farm

Lastmankilled.jpg

The Luftwaffe strike - pity they have no Anti Tank capabilities otherwise it would of been toasted. You can see the first plane pulling out of the strafing run and out of picture the 2nd following in.

Airattack.jpg

wow the firing model looks like it is way off? from that pak why does it look like its below ground level and the start of the shot looks like it came out of the top of the gun? and then goes below ground to the vehicle?

Thanks smile.gif

it was a german panzer that fired. I have uploaded the video

http://uk1slap.0catch.com/images/MAY19_06.wmv

DeLaVega

The quality of videos is seriously reduced by YouTube, so if you want to put them up in their original format let me know. The above video is an experiment to compare the difference -

Obviously if its for the competition then it still will need to go on Youtube but theres nothing in the rules about mirroring it? for better quality to allow people to properly see the quality you put in.

Slapaho, actually the landscapes look nice in both videos. :) Even the youtube version is not too bad. Although it`s very refreshing to watch the video in fullscreen. With the music I really could relax a little and enjoy the landscapes. Just finished the next part, therefore it`s nice to watch something instead of getting a headache from recording and editing. :)